MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/06/2012 05:52 AM

disability hearing

gulfcrest
gulfcrest  

Well, after two years and waiting 93 days after my hearing, I got my rejection letter. Took me a couple of days to deal with the hard kick in the teeth, but better today. Trying to just remain grateful. I really hate that after the hearing my attorney made me feel like I definetly won and so I was just really really shocked. Gonna give it one last go and appeal this new judge's decision. Not sure if I should change attorneys or not?

01/06/2012 05:58 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope this new appeal goes in your favor.

01/06/2012 06:01 AM
gulfcrest
gulfcrest  

Thank you hatbox.

01/06/2012 06:03 AM
gulfcrest
gulfcrest  

I really thought I had a strong case.

01/06/2012 06:05 AM
sadchick
sadchick  

I am very sorry you were denied the benefits you need. Keep your head up and push forward! Hope you can appeal and give it another shot. Don't give up - sounds like you've put a lot into it, so keep trying! Wish you the best!

01/06/2012 06:08 AM
mem1318

I am so sorry. As far as changing atty I don't know what to say on that. I've read where other has had an hard time in getting another atty to take case. So if you decide to do that ck around first to see if another atty will take case before disregarding the old one. But you still have another step. Don't give up. This is not in ink, so ck on the SSDI fourm and ask that question. Keep us informed or PM me to let me know how it goes. You know I get confused at time.lol

I am also in the hearing stage. I call the other day an was told that my hearing date has been set for Feb 3rd and should be getting letter real soon. I have not received letter so far. I read that I should get it at least 20 days before court day. I do have a call into my atty. But I'm thinking the info has not gotten to them either. I hope the lady at the SSDI office knew what she was talking about. Atty did call yesterday but I was at the DR, so now I've got to wait on the phone call again. Which they do within 48 hours. So it may not be until Monday before I hear from them again.

01/06/2012 06:14 AM
gulfcrest
gulfcrest  

Thanks so much for the empathy and advice. I really needed the encouragement of pressing on. I pray that your hearing goes well. I haven't talked to my atty about it yet but when I find out from him where my case failed, in his opinion, I'll let you know.

01/06/2012 06:53 AM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Gulfcrest,

I am so sorry that you got denied. I do not understand why it is so hard to get your own money back from the government. I do hope you will appeal and reality has some great advice, check with the SSDI forum about what to do next...esp about your atty. Good luck and we will keep you in prayer. Let us know what is going on. HUGS

01/06/2012 07:56 AM
VH72
VH72  

Sorry ,But dont give up

01/06/2012 11:38 AM
ushie

Hang in there. I hope it resolves into your favor.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved