MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/01/2012 04:41 AM

Happy New Years 2012 Bring it on!

Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

As you all know and probably following this past year has been a huge transformation for me both physically ,mentally, and always and forever spiritually!

January 3rd 2011 was a pivotal day for me.. it was the first day of taking care of me... pushing me... I have meds that are working for my fibromyalgia and i was tired of not being able to walk properly ...to stand up straight..unable to reach over my head .... unable to get up off the floor without help or support...to stand for long.. climbing stairs ugh now that was/is a chore... i was tired of the doctors telling me what i cant do.... what i wont be able to do...l really shoud consider disabiliitly...( i do have a handicap parking placard to use on my bad days and i do still have them)So i set the date.. something snapped in me..As you all know I hate when someone says i cant do something... or you will never be able to do this or that...yeah yeah i know stubborn like bull... but hey whatever got it going I am grateful for it...

So i said enough of the treadmill .. i need group participation and at my gym I saw they had Zumba classes and toning classes .. I scheduled my life around these classes (hoping i would love it)so of I went to my first Zumba class... Stood around talked to a few people said hi.. you know the usual greetings of a class.....I was scared and excited... not sure how i would fair in this class with all the things i couldnt do...i swear in walked an angel the Zumba teacher i didnt know would help me change my life and make me love to dance again to love the gym again.. to push myself beyond the pain....She popped on her ipod ... she swaggers upi to the front of the class and here we go... I tryed to slide .. i tryed to move.. i tryed to reach... i remember that first class... I thought my heart was going to come out of my chest.. i thought dear god will this ever end lol.. I kept pushing trying my best.. stopping when i need to .. we got done i felt bad for her lol.. she looked so concerned for me.. i was beat red all over i probably didnt move very well... there were songs my feet could not do because of the lack of mscles.. i remember hurting all over... man she came up to me and told me i did a good job... i got to my car and got in it stiff sore but i did it... i sat in the car and cryed lol.. yeah there was ALOT of crying the first few months.... after a couple of weeks she changed the routine maybe because she was bored with it but i feel she was trying to build the muscles i needed to get more advanced...i feel she tailored the class around a few of us with disabilities.. and for that i am forever grateful...i put in my time i pushed i reached and next thing you know the weight started to come off i was reaching higher i wasnt hurting as much still things i couldnt do but my favorite line(and there were many lol oh the stories i could tell lol) "Its the intention" just try and do it and eventually you will... Brilliant!!!(of course at the tie i thought pffft she is nuts lol) So in 6months

So in 6months before my move to NC i lost 35 pounds.. 35 pounds!!! and i was starting to plank.. and side plank *because i listened to her and did the intention* i still wasnt graceful geting up and down off the floor.. but i was getting stronger...i knew one of my goals was going to be get back to teaching dance class .. so striving to become a zumba instructor here i come.... My zumba friends in NH have seen this transformation from the start... I have the best zumba family in NH that anyone can ask for....they had a nice send off party for me at my zumba friends house Stacey Smile We took pictures we laughed they had a zumba cake .. it was so nice for all of us to gether with out sweats on lol *boy did we look good lol*

and i started working fulltime at HHGreggs... sighs bad idea lol...so i changed jobs and work partimtime (with alot of hours) at Jc Penneys as a visual merchendiser but i digress... back up... it took almot 3 weeks to find a gym i liked that offered plenty of zumba classes and toning class and now my NC Zumba/ toning family here are fantastic as well.. they have intense toning classes I thought little miss angel was tough .. holy crap I have met the HULK in REAL LIFE LOL!! One of my Zumba instructors here helped me get my leg strength back so i can scissor my legs during songs and do jumping jacks..and another one of my instructors does squats and abs and oh yeah we get low..low ..low Smile.... Next thing you know it is October and i am heading to Mass to have fun in Salem mass and see all my friends and of course I did my Zumba classes!!!!! I got off that plane got my rental jumped in the car *made a quick stop at DD's of course* ad went to the gym to see my Zumba friends.... I had to show them my new Zumba instrctor outfit Thats right was certified October 1st 2011 woot woot!

had a blat high energy over the top class... i ran around that whole 2 weeks lol visiting eating working lol had so much fun.. I had to get back to reality and work lol

so we had thanksgiving and christmas and yo know how that went I am 2 pounds away from 50 pond lose for the year and i am happy with that.... i have gotten stronger more stamina back to spaz mode.. can clmb tairs most days like a champ can lift 10 pounds for my biceps and do a shit ton of reps lol* iam telling ya she kills ya* i have fun.. i have had the best tan in years lol the weather has been unseasonably warm lol *what a shame* I have been so lucky to meet so many great people this year.. and reaquiant with some old friends and keep in touch wth all my friends... I am so grateful that this ody is semi cooperating.. and i hope it contines to get stronger...I look forward to the new year with hope... alot of fun.. new adventures.. new friends...alot of Zumba *who knows maybe even teach soon*

So i leave you with this thought.. what you think you cant do.. do...what you havent tryed.. try....what you think is a dream... make it a reality....

I love all of you thank you all for making 2011 the tranformation year I needed! and Let bring in this New Year 2012 and make it a healthy! Happy! Fun! Wiggling! giggling! prosperous! Fantasticly New Year Full of More transformations good friends long life and FUN!!! Be safe and have fun ! See you in the new year!

I wrote this last night on my facebook yu can check out the note there with pictures....

this is not the story i am writing this is just reflecting on last year and looking forward to the new year!

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/note.php? note_id=10150483611734633

i have made it public so you should be able to just go straight to it and see pics Smile and the note Smile

Happy New Year!

01/01/2012 02:32 PM
ushie

Super story! I dedicated my first new yoga set to you today! (Argh!) Sadly, my tai chi tape was eaten by the old vcr...

01/01/2012 02:34 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

Smile

01/01/2012 03:54 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Adewyn you are truly an inspiration! I'm glad you shared this here as well as on FB I read it both places and was moved both times. I took a lot of determination to do what you did and a lot of courage too. So proud of you for becoming an instructor, you set your mind to it and just went and did it, give the rest of us the belief that we can do it too. I know reasonable goals we can reach if we just set our minds to it and go for it. I find myself saying " just do it" and then going for it. Small goals right now, like organizing my jewelry making cart area, but getting it done feels so good.

Your weight loss is amazing and something you should be very proud of your self. I'm sure you know how difficult it can be and to lose 50 lbs is impressive, I know you can lose more if that's what you want.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us and letting us peek into your world a little bit, it has been an honor. Love you and respect you even more now darlin'. Hugs and love loads and loads of both.

01/01/2012 03:58 PM
PrincessButterfly

Amen!!! Smile

01/01/2012 04:01 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

awww fairiemama thank you...for your kind words .. 50 pounds is defiately nothing to sneeze at especially when a doctor here in NC says you are losing weight on Lyrica? thats unheard of LOL *face priceless* i understand the small goals like organizing a jewerly making cart or a art area or even your dresser drawers it is something I did a half of a closet in nh one day becuase it needed to be gone thru but they were all heavy boxes so oh well i did half and when i felt better to move the rest to go thru i did the other half... some days it is just going thru clothes in a trunk or onebox of photos.. but you are right yu did it it is done so whats the next project? thing to do? make a list and just do it... a bit at a time... Hugs and love I love you all and i am happy i can do this...*very happy* (as i sit on my new body ball bouncing happily) LOL

01/01/2012 04:02 PM
PrincessButterfly

Adewyn, Enjoy!!! Wink

01/01/2012 04:06 PM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

You continue to be an inspiration for us!

01/01/2012 04:10 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Adewyn,

You are pretty awesome! You have overcome, and that is great! Continue to be the strong person you are...we are all jealous! LOL HUGS

01/01/2012 04:22 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

bahabahaaha thanks princess I wish mine was tht color thats my favorite color but i had to settle for red :/

thank you girlfriend and mabri....i survive i fight LOL nothing to be jealous of Smile hugs and love you guys are pretty amazing too!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved