MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/23/2009 11:35 AM

Lab Results Question?

KayDesigner

OK, well Mac got my lab results this morning. Of course, I still haven't heard ONE single word from doctor.

CK levels are still elevated and seem to be rising; however, it showed something new that I don't know about and was wondering, if there was anyone that did...just taking a stab at this to see if anyone's ever dealt with this.

It's showing low regular and absolute Neutrophils counts and high Lymphs levels.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

01/23/2009 11:55 AM
margiec
margiecPosts: 182

Hi Kay,

Here a site which explains ANC and the risk of infection based on the count...

http://www.chemocare.com/managing/infection.asp

Hope this helps a bit...

Hugs, Margie Smile

01/23/2009 01:54 PM
Janilee

Kay, my last blood test came back with High Hemoglobin, high Hematocrit, low Mean Platelet volumne and high Neutophils (%).

If I hadn't gotten a copy of my report, I never would have known it.

Now all I have to do is figure it all out.

I called the cardiologist today because I still haven't got my sleep study report back. I asked her to send me a copy. I'm a shallow breather, always have been always will be. I don't need another doctor to tell me what I already know.

01/23/2009 06:26 PM
KayDesigner

Well I have been doing alot of research and the neutrophils and lymphocytes are white blood counts.

I went onto a myositis forum and asked about the levels. Apparently, the reason the my lymphs are high is that MAYBE they are attacking my muscles. They think my muscles are like a virus? Not sure.

Of course this forum ain't NUTHIN' like we are. You may not get an answer for a couple days. Which proves my point, that yes, we are PERFECTION. Wink

Anyways...am having that EMG test done Tuesday and I'm so anxious and scared about that. Funny - I g**gled 'emg test' and was reading this article that had like question and answers.

This is how it went:

Q: Does the EMG Test hurt?

A: Yes.

OK, nuff said about that. Thanks for the blunt answer. I think I'd feel better if Mac were going with me but I understand that he can't.Sad

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved