MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/09/2011 02:46 PM

Another reason to be in pain

lostforwords

I might have to have surgery to have a lymphoma removed. I have a lump in my right thigh and it hasn't gotten any bigger, but it has started to get painful. I am going to the surgeon next thursday. My doctor doesn't want to give my any pain meds for my fibro until we get my mental condition under control. He says that he doesn't want to possibly start something when i am in a vulnerable state mentally. I did make it to my therapist and she diagnosed me with severe depression. I have to go to the psychiatrist next and then the therapist again. I feel like am having a nervous breakdown. This fibro is getting to me big time.

12/09/2011 03:53 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

hang in there!!! and make sre they understand that you need something for the depression asap so they can get you on firo meds!! good luck!!

12/09/2011 04:06 PM
ushie

Hang on! And I second Adewyn; tell them you need to begin an anti-depressant now, so that you can get into a positive frame of mind for medical treatment! Hugs!

12/09/2011 04:18 PM
PrincessButterfly

lostforwords,

Ask your Doctor about Cymbalta. It can treat your Fibromyalgia and it is also and Anti-Depressant. Hang in there!! Kissing

12/09/2011 06:27 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

Or amitriptyline...its an old school antidepressants that helps with pain and sleep...

Just remember that we are keeping you in our thoughts and sending energy to help you through this...and remember ask for help....

Hugs Smile

12/09/2011 06:44 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Anti depressants were the first med used regularly since the seventies or so. I think my decade is right(brain on vacation here!!!). Anyway, a while. So getting an AD may well help with both! Plus talking to a therapist and getting mentally healthy will help your overall health as well. So I'm glad that you are heading in the right direction.

12/09/2011 11:23 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

The other ladies have the right idea dear antidepressants are good for sleep. pain and depression, you be sure and tell your doc you need them sooner than asap, like tomorrow. The sooner you get your mental health back strong and healthy the sooner you can get your physical health there too. We are here for you as always and are sending all the love and healing energy we can your way. Hugs and Love lots of both.

Post edited by: faieriemama, at: 12/09/2011 11:26 PM

12/10/2011 05:59 AM
lostforwords

I am on anti-depressant prozac 20 mg once a day plus ambilify.. I have tried cymbalta but I am allergic to it.. I have tried celexa, effexor, cymbalta, elavil, neurontin, pristiq,and something else- i forget.. I am still on trial n err here.. I am on Lyrica 150mg twice a day for fibro right now.. I just started that.. I was on 75mg. I got an appt with a rheumy on the 20th of this month.. I have an appt with a neurologist on jan 3.. I have 6 dr appts withing the next month, so hopefully something good comes out of it.. I am finally getting my health under control and now my marriage isnt doing good.. Does it ever end?

12/10/2011 06:22 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

take one thing at a time in life,you cant fix all problems at once so try and work at one, first your health has to be taken care of, mental and physical

12/10/2011 06:49 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I also have had trouble finding an AD that actually helps a good bit. Therapy will be good. Sometimes it seems as though everything is going wrong but we get passed those points. This won't be the last time you feel like that. Life is peaks and valleys and right now you are in a valley. Just have to keep trudging through and up that hill.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved