MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/09/2011 09:01 AM

Pain Killers in Kitchen

Raoul
RaoulPosts: 4012
VIP Member

Pain Killers in Kitchen

Red Grapes – blocks tissue degeneration with reseratrol . Reseratrol also available in blueberries, cramberries, and red wine.

Ginger – digestive aid and painkiller. 2 to 3 teaspoons a day.

Soy – cut osteoarthritis pain by 30 pct.. 40 gm per day.

Cherries – pain fighting.45 bing cherries a day.

Tumeric – fights pain of RA.

Coffee – reduces exercise induced pain – when taken before and after exercise.

Fish – the omega 3 fatty acids in fish – esp. with EPA and DHA – tames pain and inflammation of RA, migraines, and certain autoimmunine diseases, and chronic back and neck pain.

----…

Information from an article in the AARP magazine may/june 2011

12/09/2011 09:23 AM
Fantod

Thanks for sharing! I use Tumeric every day and it really helps with my pain issues.

12/09/2011 10:03 AM
Iam1ShadyLady
Iam1ShadyLady  
I'm an Advocate

That's a good start to a list of things. Pineapple has Bromelain in it which is a natural pain killer. I think everyone should post the natural things from the kitchen that they know of and then we can make a list out of it.

12/09/2011 10:32 AM
Iam1ShadyLady
Iam1ShadyLady  
I'm an Advocate

Garlic is another powerful antioxidant. It kills candida (yeast) and is good for respiratory breathing.

12/09/2011 11:27 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

okay I only say from my kitchen cause I can see it, but that show with Bear the crazy survivle guy said willow(willow tree leaves) is a natural pain reducer.I know its not a spice but thats all I got,lol

this is a very good topic

12/09/2011 06:18 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

I just want to remind people that even though these things are natural they can conflict with prescription medications...also be aware there is a lot of estrogen in soy.....so if your already taking estrogen...your going to have issues...

I have things to add to the pain list...but my brain won't produce it....so I'll get back to yas later...

12/09/2011 11:15 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Great topic Raoul! I only have one that I can think of right now and that is to relax painful muscles with peppermint. I have a foot lotion that I use when my feet are hurting real bad. Unfortunately it only helps with muscles and not nerves. Love the other ideas that I've read here.

12/10/2011 06:19 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

Faieriemama

I use peppermint for everything,it is a wonderful natural cure all, for the common cold to sore achy body parts..

12/10/2011 10:01 AM
Iam1ShadyLady
Iam1ShadyLady  
I'm an Advocate

Pure natural Vanilla will stop a tooth ache in it's track. Even if it's a hole in your tooth. Husband had one that crumbled on him and it stopped the pain. U just dip a Qtip in it and put the Qtip on the sore tooth and suck on it and it will go away. If it's a really bad toothe ache it might take more than one.

Broken, White Willow Bark is a narural anti inflammatory that aspirin is derived from and it doesn't hurt your stomach.Wink

12/10/2011 01:31 PM
mem1318

Cold sores, blister on gums or inner lip. Rub honey on them.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved