MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/04/2011 03:07 PM

Right side of body numb and like pins and needles

cheeky

Hi, I have ever used a site like this before. Last week I saw doc with numbness and pins and needles in my right hand. I was told to take anti-inflamatries, 3 days was not long enough to act on these symptoms. Now the right side of my body seems to be going numb, my rib cage and breast, have pain in both shoulders and neck. Cant grip things or pick up a pan of water safely. Any ideas. x

12/04/2011 03:10 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

when you find a doctor that can answer theat million dollar question please let me know.. because My left side is ALWAYS numb and at times is paralytic from the op of my head to the tips of my toes just on my left side... they told me it wwas in my head (no duh) they said no no you need a psychitrist (bahahahahahahahahaha!!! yeah that was my reaction) my PCP here in durham NC told me i was an enigma... LOL Whatever! lol... so no i dont have an answer Sad sorry Sad

12/04/2011 04:12 PM
ushie

HI, sometimes parts of my body go all numb or tingly or both. Make sure your heart's good (EEG?) and possibly check that out; otherwise, it's yet another manifestation of the cosmic joke that is Fibro.

You can wear gloves to grip things. I do that a lot.

12/04/2011 08:45 PM
Moiaddy
Moiaddy  

I'd follow up with the doc and maybe get a referral to a neurologist.....while we may have similar issues its always best to rule out other things....a friend of mines was a serious issue that had to be dealt with....

12/04/2011 09:09 PM
FibroCFS
FibroCFS  

I get these symptoms.

As someone else suggested you should probably see a Neurologist just in case. But my symptoms have all turned out to be Fibro related.

Here is an expanded Fibro List.

http://abarnabas.tripod.com/indexfibrosymptoms.html

Take care

12/12/2011 03:13 PM
cheeky

Many thanks guys, it's not nice any of us have to experience these symptoms but it's nice to know I'm not on my own. Since, these feelings have gone to my leg and foot, my right hand keeps going icy cold, have an odd feeling almost under right rib cage of movement, some dizzy spells. Had a CAT scan and x-ray on neck, both normal (ha ha what's that) seen a Neurologist who has refered me for an MRI scan, testing for MS!!!. I'm 41 and its just been confirmed early menopause but Doc thinks there is no connection.

12/12/2011 03:20 PM
shadowlife

Wow! I thought I wrote that and forgot...ha-ha! Fibro-fog and all. I too basically have to drag my poor right side around. The entire right side of my body is ten times more afflicted than the left. Saw the rheumy again today, have had CAT scans and brain/c-spine MRI's, all negative. Being sent to a neurologist and an opthamologist for the weird eye pain. If ever I get a "real" reason for it, I'll let you know. The only good in it for me is, I am left handed. The bad thing is, my whole left side is exhausted from over compensating.

12/13/2011 06:25 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I'm glad that you are checking into this further. It could be an idiopathic thing or what not, but it's always best to get it checked out.

02/03/2014 09:55 AM
DoctorNick

Fortunately their are a number of things that can cause this, from a pinched nerve to a little more serious like M.S and small seizures such as epilepsy, most probably it will be a neurological disorder and you should see a neurologist through your doctor, unfortunately their is a twelve week waiting time for scans and NHS neuro's and it might be advisable to go private if you can afford the Consultants fees, approx. £250.00 for forty mins, but at least you get to know what's what a little sooner and can put your mind at rest.

My Partner has had seven bouts of this, with her hearty fluttering, irregular heartbeat or pulpatations and her right arm becomes dead, tingling in face and leg and right breast,we are waiting for an MRI scan and then the results.

Will let you know what the outcome is.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved