MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/04/2011 12:06 PM

Pinched Nerve is causing so much more pain

Marly
Marly  

I have had a pinched nerve in my back for close to 10yrs.now along with disc'joining together. This is in the upper/lower part of my spine. The Physician has given me pain meds' however I am at a point now that pain is radiating right from my shoulders' down. At present my right shoulder will not allow me to even get a coat on. I have just recently had 2 MRI's done on my back,have yet to get back in for my Drs' app't, which is in 2wks. Had to go to Emerg. for my shoulder and now have to go for an UltraSound on it. The Physician seemed quite concerned. My legs go numb just from sitting never mind trying to get housework done. Is there anyone out there who has the same issues'. I feel like I'm falling apart and get very depressed, and yes I am on anti-depressants. Is this Fibromyalgia setting in or is there someone else out there who may have a different opinion. I did the Fibromyalgia test online and "yes" it does fit the pattern but I have never been told that "yes" this is what you have" Any answers' from anyone would be so much appreciated. Thank you to all of you wonderful members!! Sad

12/04/2011 03:00 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

Yes it does it can be fibro.. but let them check to make sure it is nothing more serious.. especially with the back.... i get pinched and pulled nerves and muscles from my shoulder blades my upper back my lower back.. I stretch i heat i take my meds sometimes it helps sometimes it is what it is ... but I dont have issues with my disks or any of that.. that i am aware of Smile Hang in there let them do there job let them tell you diffferently... keep us updated!!!

02/14/2012 09:22 PM
SillyJilly

I have the same things going on. Yes it is from the pinched nerve. I just started Lyrica and it helps but I want to sleep all of the time and I hear it throws weight on you. I don't need that. I have wondered also about the possibility of Fibromyalgia. I am looking at the laser spinal institute for possible relief. Anyone use this method?

02/15/2012 05:47 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Hey SillyJilly. Welcome. I'm sorry that you have a pinched nerve. It's so not fun. I have not used laser spinal institute so I can't help there. I'm having loads of trouble with my back. I previously had vertically bulging discs in several of them, but now xrays are showing a great deal of worsening so I do believe that's what's causing my back to go numb, which is kinda new(as opposed to my old feet/leg/hands/stuff).

02/15/2012 06:29 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

first hello and second I completely undersand,I have a damaged nerve in my right leg, also in my neck and arm..there is nothing in the world like nerve pain,I am so sorry.the nerve in my leg was from a back injury,but the one in my arm neck is from unknown(fibro?)the docs swore I had a pintched nerve and slipped disk but after test after test unable to find it..feels at times that my coolar bone is broke.and it goes down my arm to my fingers..I want to ask due you have color change swelling and temp problems? that can be something else from the nerve damage..please feel free to pm me and welcome to the group I hope you find some help and answers here

02/15/2012 07:31 AM
SillyJilly

Yes my hands can change from pink to very white when they are cold. I am not sure on the swelling as my hands and fingers swell and go down alot. I figured it is from arthritis.

02/15/2012 07:51 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

That's something that could be a autoimmune illness called Raynaud's Phenomenon. I have it in my feet, hands, and breasts. The usual pattern is normal, to purple, to a bluish. Mine though goes normal, mottled, purple, white in my hands and feet. It could be other stuff too. Keep you hands warm. I have to wear gloves in the grocery store!

02/15/2012 07:54 PM
SillyJilly

Thank you. I will look into it.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved