MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/29/2011 10:05 AM

Blurry vision/eye pain

FibroinNGA

Good afternoon everyone, I haven't seen a lot of talk about how Fibro may or may not effect your eyes. My right eye hurts a lot plus my vision is blurry and/or is getting worse. I do have an auto immune disease that effects my corneas and I know that contributes some. But just wondering if this is just me or is Fibro playing a part in this too.

Love & Hugs Blink

11/29/2011 01:19 PM
ushie

I do get blurry vision, and sometimes my eyeballs seem to vibrate, but I don't know if this is exclusively a Fibro thing.

11/29/2011 02:15 PM
Iam1ShadyLady
Iam1ShadyLady  
I'm an Advocate

I have blurry vision also, especially looking out at a distance. Sometimes when I am on my laptop I can't see my 46" inch TV (what's on it). I also have floaters. I need to go to eye doctor but can't afford it.

11/29/2011 02:43 PM
FibroinNGA

I have the floaters too.

12/11/2011 04:06 PM
sddonst
sddonst  

my vision seems to get really blurry. I did at one time go to my eye dr to see if my prescription changed but it hadn't. I also get little bubbles and at times my eyes feel tight.

12/11/2011 05:21 PM
cjbritton
cjbritton  

I have had eye pain & blurriness. It feels like crushed glass in my eye & fairly frequently experience the blurriness which comes & goes so I know it's not related to my prescription. I do have an eye appointment later this month.

I do know that both Neurontin & Lyrica have blurry vision as possible side effects. I switched back to Neurontin because I hadn't really experienced significant side effects with that, whereas with the Lyrica I had the blurry vision, weight gain & major water retention. It could be that even with the Neurontin, since they are both so similar, it's a side effect that has shown up simply due to the amount of time on the drug. It's hard to say for sure.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved