MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/23/2011 12:41 PM

Tales from an Only Child: Holiday Cleaning

kmd0202
kmd0202  

Only Child = Hostest for ALL holidays.

Well, here I sit in a recliner like a bump on a log buried under layers of blankets watching my husband power clean around me. I feel SO GUILTY I can't take it! I burned thru all my spoons the past two days working & food shopping. Don't get me wrong, he is completely supportive & understanding, but I still feel SO GUILTY!

Time to drag my arse out of this chair & get it in gear, I honestly can't take it anymore!

Signed, Guilty Fibro Girl

PS - Wishing everyone a lovely Thanksgiving with family & friends!

11/23/2011 03:50 PM
PrincessButterfly

kmd0202,

You are blessed to have such a caring and understanding Husband.

Hang in there. Kissing

11/23/2011 04:19 PM
Iam1ShadyLady
Iam1ShadyLady  
I'm an Advocate

I know how hard it is to watch my hubby clean because he is also diabled. We split up the chores between myself, him, and my 18 year old son. There are days that go by though that I am not able to do anything and they can. I know what you are going through.

Don't overdo it though out of that guilt. It will just make you feel much worse.

Hugz,

SHELL

11/23/2011 06:18 PM
ushie

Take it easy! I can almost guarantee that no one will be giving the place a White Glove test. Great that you have such a nice husband!

11/23/2011 07:13 PM
Wintersnow1

Take it easy on yourself. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

11/23/2011 07:58 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

I'm the same way. I just wasn't made to sit and watch someone else work. It drives me crazy!! Hubbie helps me some, but again, I just feel bad watching him when I know he works between 40 and 56 hrs per week and then takes care of all the outdoor stuff. You are very blessed to have a hubbie that just takes over for you! Don't overdo HUGS

11/23/2011 11:18 PM
kmd0202
kmd0202  

Thank you all for the lovely responses - it helps to know that what I'm feeling is normal & that I am not alone. Believe me, I know how blessed I am to have such a loving husband. We've been married 18 years & we are still best friends.

I have to say everyone is so open & caring in this group, I now have something new to be thankful for this year. Happy Thanksgiving. <3

11/23/2011 11:25 PM
PrincessButterfly

You are not alone.....we all have very similar struggles.

Whether they are physically because of pain or emotionally because of the pain and being so limited as to what we can do.

What we want to do and what we can do are 2 totally different things.

That for me is the most frustrating part. Make sense?

How did you get your Husband to understand all of this Fibro stuff?

Has he or am I assuming? Please let me know.

Thanks! Kissing

11/24/2011 12:25 AM
kmd0202
kmd0202  

@ PrincessButterfly - I'm really at a loss for words; I even had to repeat your question to my husband. There was never a moment when I had to make him understand anything. I was finally diagnosed over two years ago, but in hindsight I've had symptoms for many years. He was right there with me every step of the way. He has been to almost every doctor's appt I've had so he could ask questions & also relay to the doc things he was seeing that I didn't even realize I was doing. Currently, I am experiencing what I consider the worst of it, yes, there's pain, but now my cognitive skills are seriously being affected. That hits on a very emotional level for me. He's been there through the tears, confusion, & of course, the pain but there was never a question or second-thought in my head that he wouldn't understand or be there - just as I would do for him. He went & got a new tattoo a few weeks ago, maybe this will help you see his committment to me, the fibro, & our search for relief. Best -K

Post edited by: kmd0202, at: 11/24/2011 12:31 AM

11/24/2011 12:36 AM
PrincessButterfly

Most people that do not have Fibromyalgia do not fully comprehend how we feel.

How can they? Unless someone actually has Fibromoyalgia they really have no clue what we are going thru physically and emotionally.

They can be there and be compassionate and helpful but they will not ever fully understand the pain that we are in.

Make sense?

You are very blessed to have a Husband that is willing to learn and wants to understand what you are going thru.

So that is wonderful. I hope that you both have a Happy Thanksgiving.

You are blessed to have each other. Kissing

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved