MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/09/2011 02:21 PM

flare?

maykay

i keep hearing the word flare up with fibromyalgia...dont really understand it ..do you have flare up or is the pain just all the time...mine is everyday 90 percent of the time..for the last 4 months plz tell me if thats 1 flare up or one everytime i have pain is one

11/09/2011 02:57 PM
lilachynstiff

Everyone is different. I went through a time last year where I guess I might say I was even in 'remission'. Minimal stiffness, I could work out 5-6 times a week, minimal need for meds and yet I was working full time and taking on an intense grad program. That changed about a year ago. I thought it was just school getting to me but now its over and things are still rough. Some days are really bad so are ok. These past 2 days I feel a bit 'run over' to borrow from another thread. Activity causes some great grief, and yet for me it seems largely about getting enough sleep.

I tend to think of a flare as someone turned on the overhead light when the room was dark. Its shocking and very sad at the time and you just seek to find the dimmer switch.

Gentle hugs,

Julie

11/09/2011 04:34 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Flares do vary between individuals. First off time frame. Some last a day, some last months for the same individual. Secondly symptoms. Sometimes it's an increase in mostly pain, others the fatigue and others the worst problem is an increase in the fog. You have your normal pain levels, then you have flare pain levels. Once you find your normal, you'll know what the flare is because it's a good bit different.

11/09/2011 04:38 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

for me I have 24 hour 7 day a week pain but it has degrees and with a flair I have more flu like feeling and the fatuig is really bad..but you are not alone its just bad to worse for me

11/10/2011 12:53 AM
Chocovan

I know for me flare ups are when the pain intensify's to a level that is very difficult to cope with, and then comes the fog and the insomnia and sometimes it lasts for 1 or 2 days sometimes a week. It has a mind of its own and I feel that when I'm stressed usually the flare up occur I'm sure if I was able to control my stress level and sleep properly I might not have has many flare ups but who knows with this sickness. Hope we are helpful to you have a good one hugs Chocovan

11/10/2011 04:17 AM
fibromom23
fibromom23  

for me I flare with stress and weather changes...the pain and fatigue are at there worst at this time, I take lots of baths and use my breakthrough meds and pretty much do nothing else because for me time stops and sometimes its just a chore to get out of bed...I hope this helps a little bit...

11/10/2011 05:13 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

maykay has you quetion been answerd?

11/10/2011 06:13 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Pain in FM is commonly constant. However, in a flare up the pain or other symptoms will intensify followed by a remission period of your normal or base pain levels.

11/10/2011 12:02 PM
llstrutz

Seem like I always have pain? I don't know what my normal is anymore.

11/10/2011 12:51 PM
txjen
txjen  

I am always in pain and the drs think i am crazy so i have to deal with it all on my own no breakthrough meds or nothing bc they dont believe me

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved