MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/09/2011 05:31 AM

need to vent....

fibromom23
fibromom23  

I had my MRI results read lastnight for my neck at the Docs office and I can't really wrap my head around it. They read that in 1 year my neck has got worse and by worse I mean now I seem to have 3 bulging discs, and 2 herniated discs in between the bulging ones...I only have 1 good disc in my neck! What the heck!!! I am so frustrated, I really didn't expect this, I feel defeated again...how much more can I take? where do I go from here? another surgery in my future? I already have one scheduled on the 18th for my knees and I already had a previous one on my lumbar area...I am going to be the bionic woman when they are all done! Don't they see every surgery brings out a 3 month flare! I am so tired of getting the short end of the stick Angry

sorry everyone, I just needed to get it out...

11/09/2011 05:34 AM
sparklehorse

Are they recommending surgery for this, and if so, what kind?

Wow. I am really sorry about the results of your MRI! Though I imagine you had it done because you are in painSad

11/09/2011 05:40 AM
fibromom23
fibromom23  

yep I had it done to see if the pain was fibro related or disc in the neck related, well we found out its the disc in the neck pain...I have another appt. with him on thursday to go over my options, I just couldn't hear anymore lastnight so I am going back tomorrow...

11/09/2011 05:50 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

vent away,

belive fibro so effects what is already wrong..and for your neck I to had a lubar surery then my neck started having problems the docs say they are not related but from all I have read from others it is the same,back then neck..I know how fustrating it is to feel like your body is failing you and your mind is not(well except the memory,lol)please keep us up with you..I know you must be scared and even more angry..we will hold you in our prayers

11/09/2011 05:56 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Yuck! Neck problems are terrible. My mom has really really bad arthritis in her cervical spine meaning very little actual bone left in there and it really bothers her. I'm glad you are meeting with your dr to discuss the options. Hopefully this will have time to sink in a bit more before you go.

11/09/2011 04:34 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

No apologies needed dear, you are among friends. Hopefully the doc and you are able to come up with some options that work and maybe don't include surgery.keeping you in my prayers.

11/09/2011 04:40 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

due you have pain down your arm into any certain fingers

11/09/2011 04:45 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Fibromom,

Did you have an injury to your neck, or did this just come on, and progressively gotten worse. I had a bulged disc in my back and they did surgery on it, but I haven't had the same problem since. I am just wondering, cuz I can't imagine how that would just start. I'm sorry that the prognosis seems rough, and hope that whatever you decide is best for you will help you and get you out of at least some of this pain. HUGS

11/09/2011 06:41 PM
fibromom23
fibromom23  

broken, yes I have pain down my whole arm and into my pinky finger, it goes numb...my arm feels like my leg did before I had lumbar back surgery...its unbearable Sad

mabri, I did have a car accident back in '98 but they never found out anything or really looked...but it got worse when I worked as a secretary which I took that job to protect my lower back, and I thought I had a pinched nerve and came out with 3 bulgers, and 1 herniation...I guess over the last 2 years it has gotten much worse...I just can't wrap my head around how the doc is going to fix it without herniating the 3 bulging discs...but its basically my whole neck! I don't know what I am going to do, I see him tomorrow and I can't imagine what he is going to say Sad

11/09/2011 06:45 PM
lilachynstiff

Fibromom-

I hope he has suggestions you are open to, whatever they end up being. Hopefully he will have a plan that deosn't include or at least will delay surgery.

Try to get a decent sleep and let us know what you find tomorrow.

Julie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved