MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/07/2011 03:44 PM

i would love someone to talk too

bigbird

i have been not well for 5 years and because off that i dont go out very much any more, when i do go out its with my family and things i have to do. My friends that i had i dont see much anymore, i cant do the things that i used to do. i have my partner, kids, family and a couple of close friends. i have no one to talk to about whats going on with me. i feel like ive ben talking to them for years about the same things and gettin nowhere. I had never heard of fibromyalgia until i got told i had it about 8 months ago. I would love to hear for someone that nos what its like. i am sore all the time and was told from the doctor that i'm not going to get any better. i am trying to get my head round everything but its hard. i would like to curl up in a corner and feel sorry for myself but i have 2 boys to look after. I met a lovely lady when i was in hospital the last time and she told me to give an online suppory group ago. Ermm

11/07/2011 05:39 PM
fibromom23
fibromom23  

You have joined a wonderful group here! We all are like a big family..we can relate to eachother and give support when needed...if you have questions, just ask, one of us will be able to point you in the right direction, if you need a hug, no need to ask, chances are you will have one on your page when you least expect it making your day that much better...my point is: this group is amazing and heartfelt, so welcome bigbird! We are glad to know you Smile

11/07/2011 05:49 PM
ushie

Hi, talk to us--we're there with you, too!

11/07/2011 06:04 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Bigbird,

I am so glad that the lady in the hospital recommended you to an online support group and you chose us. We are a very close knit group of people who are sincerely caring and supportive to our members. All of us know what it is like to suffer pain, and other things, although maybe not all the same. Besides the fibro symptoms we also have one thing in common; most of us have no where and no one to vent to that really understands our plight. We are here to listen, help, support and be a virtual shoulder to cry on or vent to.

I urge you to read some of the older posts,as there is a lot of good information there, and a lot of websites that can answer some questions for you also. Please feel free to post, comment on others, or whatever makes you comfortable. This is a safe place where your feelings are important and you are not judged. Welcome to our family! HUGS

11/07/2011 06:31 PM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

Welcome! We are anxious to hear more from you!

11/07/2011 06:37 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Welcome! This is a great group! No matter what your need(cheering up or listening or answering a question or just saying I know how you feel) we'll be here for you.

11/07/2011 07:47 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

th welcomesmileys1111111

11/07/2011 08:27 PM
gulfcrest
gulfcrest  

I used to feel that way too, its kind of like that kid movie about the dinosaur that thought he was the last one of his kind and then he discovers a whole community of them gathered together.

11/07/2011 08:45 PM
sparklehorse

WelcomevSmile !

11/08/2011 06:47 AM
mjcolenc
mjcolenc  

Welcome to the group.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved