MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/14/2009 12:31 PM

My court hearing

catmom50
catmom50  

Can anyone tell me what to expect at my hearing. It's been three years since I filed. I do have a lawyer and will have a meeting with him prior to the court date. But I'm just getting nervous about what to expect.

I am 58, so maybe have that going for me? My only problem is that my benefits ran out 5 years after I quit working . I then filed a year later for SSDI, and am trying to prove my symptoms started before my benefits ran out.

Just wondering about court, what happens in there...

Post edited by: catmom50, at: 01/14/2009 12:31

01/14/2009 12:39 PM
justblue
justblue  

Margie,

I'm a fellow Oregonian, now living in SOCAL and missing OR SO much! I'm from Ashland, do you know it, and where are you? I also have Fibro but I can't get dis. OR a court date, so I can't help you there, but I did want you to know that my pain level has decreased significantly, after 4 years of misery and very little relief from meds. There is hope girlfriend! Good luck in court.

Vicky

01/14/2009 02:26 PM
Janilee

catmom, we have a discussion group right here in MDJunction about

SSD. Here's the web address: http://www.mdjunction.com/social-security-disability-advice

Some of the gals from our fibro family are also on that

forum. They will be able to give you answers to your questions.

Good luck. I'm still waiting to have a court date.

01/14/2009 02:52 PM
catmom50
catmom50  

Justblue-Hi, I'm in central Oregon, La Pine to be exact. I lived in So Cal (La Mirada) for 50 years then moved here. So just the opposite of you.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved