MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/18/2011 02:39 AM

new here and happy to find support

fibrogrammy
fibrogrammy  

Hi everyone

I have been living with CFS for 12 years, diagnosed with FM 4 years and "mysterious" severe chronic back pain 6 years as well as Osteoarthirtis in back and hips.Sad

Being a grandmother to 4 beautiful little ones and married to a wonderful understanding man is my greatest blessing, but I feel like I'm missing out on life and it's so frustrating. I'm hanging on by a thread and feel so alone sometimes-the pain is indescribable to "normal people". In reading the posts when I found this forum, I realize I'm not alone-thank you!

09/18/2011 02:45 AM
oroman
oroman  

Welcome here! You will find that so many of us also have similar aches and pains. And that some of us do not get family members to be so understanding. Love your husband for being understanding.

Look around our forums and you will see lots of postings on many subjects. There's alot that goes on during the week, but not so much on the weekends, so do not be discouraged with little postings. Its really great to have you on board.

Olga

09/18/2011 07:13 AM
Nitalynn
Nitalynn  

Welcome to the group. I am glad you found us.

09/18/2011 08:02 AM
sunnydays
sunnydays  

Hello and welcome! You are definately not alone! We all understand the pain and frustration that goes along with FM. Please feel free to jump right in and join our "family". We are glad to have you.

09/18/2011 09:01 AM
Raoul
RaoulPosts: 4018
VIP Member

Welcome to the group, Hugs, Raoul

09/18/2011 03:15 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group grammy!! animalwelcome

09/18/2011 03:20 PM
csn70

Welcome!! Im also new, just joined in the middle of last week and I found immediate support!! This site is great, its hard to find people (even supportive ones) that fully understand so its refreshing to talk to people who do fully understand!! Im sure you'll be as thrilled as I am!!

09/19/2011 03:09 AM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

Welcome both of you! We are so glad to have you. I'm sure you will find this group a very loving and supporting place to air your feelings, pains, and laughs. We truly do know what you are going through, and therefore nobody has to put up a front, or be anything but what we are; which is wonderful people with an illness that is misunderstood by family members as well as drs. Please feel free to ask questions, add to posts, and start posts of your own. I'm sure you will get a lot of help and support here. Welcome to the family HUGS

09/19/2011 04:44 AM
fibrogrammy
fibrogrammy  

Thank you to all! Understanding and support goes a long way-it keeps me brave (at least most days) and helps me push away the pity party Yea!

09/19/2011 05:05 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

ah pity parties are allowed here,lol..it keeps you from having to do it in front of the Grandbabies..you sound like a proud Grandma as I am to for the first time this year..

there is nothing like finding others who can truly relate to your life struggles with chronic pain.

welcome to the family

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved