MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/13/2011 07:46 PM

Nausea, dizzyness, headaches, hot flashes

EthernBleach

Does anyone else experience these?? I've had myself convinced (hoping, really) that they are not fibro related... but I have been having test after test with no answers as to why i am having the dizzyness nausea headaches hot flashes and ringing in the ears. Does anyone else experience these?? I am hoping to God that these are not fibro related.. because I'm not sure I can handle having to accept that these symptoms cannot be cured. Sometimes they are so debilitating I can hardly function. They last anywhere from a few hours, to a few days, or even longer, And they all seem to happen along with each other. Can anyone relate?? Could really use some support I've also been having problems with my throat for over a month that antibiotics is not helping it. I also black out and almost faint sometimes which is very scary.

Post edited by: EthernBleach, at: 09/13/2011 07:48 PM

09/13/2011 07:47 PM
EthernBleach

I've also been having problems with my throat for over a month now.

09/13/2011 08:26 PM
fibrogirl76

yes i had in my case at last about 3 months my balace is bad i feel dizzy my ear rings like is noooooo tomorrow and is apain in the butt

09/13/2011 08:48 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

EathernBleach,

I have had headaches all my life, so I can't say if they have anything to do with the fibro or not. I do have times when I feel dizzy, sometimes for days, sometimes just for a little while, but I do know that comes with fibro. The ringing in the ears, again sometimes...a lot of times it's like a whoosh sound...again seems to come with fibro. No nausea. The hot flashes I have came immediately after starting Cymbalta, and have continued when switching to Celexa. I am assuming that they are med related. If you go to the Mayo Clinic and type fibromyalgia in the search bar, you can find symptoms. Everyone is different, I don't have symptoms others may have, but it's really hard to say what is fibro and what is not. check it out.

I'm glad to see that you have posted. It doesn't look like you have been here in awhile, and we are glad to see you back. Let us know what we can do to help. Hope you have a good nite. HUGS

09/13/2011 08:52 PM
Kvasconez

I'm an Advocate

Many of these are menopause symptoms as well...I think I had the beginnings if fibro for a couple of years before being diagnosed in Oct last year. But, i never had hot flashes and sweats until this past year, especially when I started SNRIs like Wellbutrin and Savella. The ear ringing is also common in fibro patients and is called Tinnitus. Actually, there is a support group for this maddening condition at MDJunction. I have also read that many have sore throats and that is particularly common with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which is also related to Fibro. It sounds like it is time for a discussion with your doctor. Have you had the tender point exam?

Take care and welcome!

09/15/2011 08:19 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Have you had any testing for any kind of autonomic nervous system disorders?

09/15/2011 11:00 AM
girlfriend
girlfriend  
VIP Member

I have the same things happen to me. Docs said it is all part of the fibro. The dizziness and nausea have settled down but I still get the hot flashes and sore throat. I get strange sounds in my ears, usually more on one side than the other, sometimes it is ringing other times sounds like a motor in there. It all hits when a flareup is on the way. I haven't found much to help except just try to move slowly so you don't fall and attempt to get some extra rest and not let yourself get too tired and stressed. Have you checked with your doc for anything to help? I think there is still a lot of research as to whether the fibro is a virus or not, but how could it not be with the fevers, sore throats, etc....

09/19/2011 03:33 PM
EthernBleach

I have been to doctor after doctor and havent gotten as much help as I could use. I appreciate all the feed back from everyone. It is definitely NOT menopause... I am only 24 Lol. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed to see that other people with fibro are experiencing the same things... because I was hoping to God that the dizzyness/nausea/headaches would be something else all together, that could be cured... the idea that I'm going to be stuck with this situation for the rest of my life is way more depressing than I can even put into words. I have bipolar disorder.. I had a lot of problems with suicidal tendencies long before my health problems... so... these physical issues are taking a MAJOR toll on me emotionally. I dont know how to handle any of it anymore. Do any of you live in or near NJ? Do you know anyone who SPECIALIZES in fibro? I know it's hard because there seems to be a lot still unknown about the disease. When you guys have these issues, is there anything that works really well for you?? What scares me the most is when I black out and almost faint... God forbid I ever don't make it to sit down on time. Again, thanks for all your answers and support <3

09/19/2011 06:32 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

This site was brought to our attention by Kim, and it is a great place to find a dr that deals with fibro in your area. Check it out, and let us know how you make out. HUGS

http://fmaware.org/site/PageServere7aa.html? pagename=resources_hcProviderDirectory

09/20/2011 09:20 AM
EthernBleach

Another question... has anyone tried hydrotherapy??? It has been suggested for me but I'm worried about how it might effect me physically.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved