MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/04/2009 09:47 AM

Question concerning my pain

angelblossom1963
angelblossom1963  

Hi,My name is Pamela,,, But i go by angelblossom1963

and i don't get on here often enough but this time i have a real important question.And i hope some one can help me out.How bad does you,r pain get and does it feel like its crippling.Does it ever feel like burning in you,r knee caps or any of you,r other tender spots.and why is it that i cant do anything more than a hour and the next day i wake up and i feel like i was hit by car or something.plz someone if you can give me the answers if you may cause i keep a text on all this so i can remember to ask my doctor.plus just wondering is it knowen to make the kidneys hurt.Please answer if able.Angry Sad Thank you all my friends i appreciate everyone on here cause i know exactally what you,r all going threw.so heres a huge soft hug for ya all. sincerly pam

01/04/2009 10:40 AM
Cori

Hi Pam I get burning and bad pain. I would not say crippling, well at different spots at different times I guess it is crippling. I get sharp pains in the area that your kidneys are if that makes any sense? I get sharp pangs in each of my sides but it is not continues. If you have questions concerning really bad pain you should call your doc just to be on the safe side. I hope you feel better soon.

01/04/2009 11:03 AM
Janilee

Hi Pamela and welcome back. I get the cripling pain in my hands allot because I have arthritis in them. Here's a question for you. What is the most abused joint in the human body? It's the knees. We fall on them, we kneel on them, we bang them into drawers or doors, we crawl on them and we think nothing about it cause its natural. I had such knee pain one year I thought I'd die. Walking on it was fine but lawd when I sat down the hurt that was there was undescribeable. I ended going up to an ortho surgeon and they found that the back of my knee cap was shredded and was catching on the 1/8 th of an inch of meniscus where blood flows. He fixed it and I never had problems with it since. The back pain I have too. I think mine is more related to the fibro rib pain. I found that gentle heat on the hurtin places for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off

the affected area is the best.

I wish I could take that pain away from you.

01/04/2009 01:55 PM
KayDesigner

Hi Pamela!

Girl, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I don't know if you're like me, but it's like one day I feel that emotionally and physically I can manage this and then out of nowhere, I can't even try to comprehend it.

My pain does (at times) feel crippling. When my fibro started out, it was more in my upper back, shoulder blades, upper quadrant of my body. Here the past 8 months of so, it has started in my legs. I actually cannot put both feet down at one time. I have to walk on my tip toes of at least one leg because they just won't stretch enough for me to be able to put both feet down. The ONLY time I can do that is right after I get out of the shower and then it only lasts for about 15 minutes or so.

I used to never have knee problems and I just felt so bad for those that did. Well like my mama use to say, 'Make your words chocolate, 'cuz your gonna eat every one of them.' and boy am I eating them. I do have knee pain now; especially when getting up or sitting down. At times, they ache; esp. if there is a storm coming in.

I think the burning pains that you feel are all related to the fibro. Some people experience the burning sensation, others don't.

I don't know if the pain is actually coming literally from my kidneys or not, but I get spasms and pain on the sides of my stomach (near ribs and then radiating towards my back). I was actually experiencing some of that this morning.

Pamela (angelblossom) please don't ever hesitate in posting and asking us questions and/or advice. That's why we're here and I am so very glad you came to us for support.

Since we're not doctors though...I would really makes notes about all of this; especially the pain around your kidneys and bring that up to your doctor when you see him/her next. If the pain in or around your kidneys gets bad, of course, call your doctor immediately and let them know about it.

You're not alone, hun....please let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,

Kay

01/04/2009 02:36 PM
thomasann
thomasann  

Hi Pamela, I too have the burning pains, hand cramping. You name it, I got it. 24/7 with never a moments peace. I also get stabbing pains and at times can be quite inconvienent depending on where they attack me. I agree with everyone else, if the pain arpound your kidneys continues, I would see your doctor. I also have alot of pain in the back and my back locks up on me. I wish you some kind of pain releif. Hang in there.

01/04/2009 02:50 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

angelblossom(Pam) First, Welcome to our family. Have you been diagnosised with fibromyalgia? I have days when I can do anything and then after doing everything I did before, I can't get out of bed without help and you are right, the pain is crippling. I have noticed when I'm doing something for too long, I get back spasms and they won't let up until I stop what I'm doing. It's our bodies telling us that we are not suppose to be doing this in the frist place. Yesterday, I did some scrubbing on our shower, I couldn't stand it any longer and I knew my husband would not do it, So I took the doors off, took them outside adn sprayed them to let the soap scrum stuff I bought soak in. Started on the shower walls, Boy do I hurt today. Arms, shoulders, hands,neck, back, legs and feet. My back hurts because of the spasms I got but, wouldn't stop and now I hurt like h_ _ _! I have kidney issues anyway, but after cleaning that Shower, Where my kidneys are hurt. I can always tell when I'm getting a Kidney infection, it's been this way all my life and having Fibro. doesn't help. One thing you have to do is find what works for you. We can give you a list of things to try that works for us and they may not work for you. So, Here's what I have learned that helps me when my kidneys and back start hurting I can't bind over. First, soak in a pretty warm tub, when getting out, try and stay as warm as possible, getting a chill can and does make you hurt more. Put on warm pj's or sweats with soaks, if you have a heating pad put it under your back on high, if it gets too hot for you, drop it to medium. Always try not to get chilled. This has helped me everytime I know when I'm about to have a Kidney Problem. You have to listen to your Body, It will tell you that you need to slow down, don't over do. If you don't listen, the next day, the pain is Bad. I didn't listen yesterday, and I am sure paying for it today. Glad you are here. Hang in there it will get better once you find what works for you. Hope to hear from you again. I hope this helped? God Bless You and may the New Year be a good one. shortstuff

01/04/2009 04:41 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Pam...

Welcome back ...Smile

What you are describing I have dealt with twice since being dx d with Fibro but I have no idea exactly what it was or what caused it. It was a couple of months between the 2 bouts and I have never had it again.

When I explained it to my PCP, he didn t seem concerned and agreed with my method of dealing with it. I had to sleep with a heating pad on low setting most of the night and apply it a few times during the day. It really did feel kidney related, I thought, but ....who knows at this point ? I just know that if it ever occurs with me again, I will be in the dr. office PRONTO !!!

I hope you get relief soon !!!

01/04/2009 05:05 PM
angelblossom1963
angelblossom1963  

Well i wanna thank all my friends for there advice,and yes i am gonna take this all in then i'm gonna bring it to my doctors attention.and yes the burning is awful and just over night i have found out i have the most on god full pain in my tail bone and when i sit on it it kills me worse so i have a soft pillow now i have to sit on.I am honestly getting real tired of trying to live with this when i feel like i'm becomming crippled.I cant walk far so when i go out it has to be to a store that has a scooter cause i would never beable to walk that whole store.i hate whats happenning to me and i am so scared of my legs dropping out from under me well acctually they did 2 times and one of the times i was comming down the stairs and well i fell down cause i lost feeling in my left leg.oh and to that person who asked me if i had fibromyalgia .THATS A BIG FAT YES.I HAVE IT bad enough its wearing on me cause i think people i know does not know what to do for me.except as ask me ifi need help. so im acctually not liking what is happeniong its so damn scarry i think i hit a worse bought with it. thanks to all of you and i pray you all have alot of great days with no pain.god bless you'r friend pam

01/04/2009 09:05 PM
sotired40
sotired40  

Hi Pamela, I totally understand. I used to be able to get things done, work in yard, house work, in workout at the gym and be fine. Now, like Friday, I was out running errands for 2.5 hours and had to go home. I could not stand anymore. The tops of my thighs were killing me as well as my hips. I was totally drained and exhausted also. Its just not normal. It is crippling in the sense you can no longer do what you are used to doing. My best friend is my heating pad and my new found friend is a homedics back massager. It was pricey but, had I known how great it would be for me I would of bought one 6 mths ago! My kidney area hurts also, around my ribs towards my back. It will ache.

I have the burning in the backs of my thighs, shoulders, buttocks and around tailbone. The only relief I have found for everything is a hot bath. You have to slow down, and dont be hard on yourself! This is very tough for everyone, we are lucky we have each other to ask "is this normal or am i crazy?" My advice, hot baths, heating pad, massages, naps, posting here and a forgiving attitude towards yourself. Smile

01/04/2009 09:17 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

I don't know about the kidneys. I've just always assumed my pain was from stones, which I have had a few of. The rest of your pain sounds very familiar to me. I haven't been able to work for 3 years due to my pain and fatigue. A simple trip to the grocery store puts me out of commission for days. There are a lot of days that I can barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I don't have any answers for you but you are not alone and you are not going crazy. Well at least concerning the pain anyway. I can't speak for anything else. They say I'm not crazy but I have my doubts.Laughing

Hope you feel better soon.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved