MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/07/2011 11:56 PM

Fibromyalgia and nerve pain in the mouth pain

lucindalee

Hi My name is Lucinda and I have had fibromyalgia for 20 years in all that time I have tried just about everything for the pain from conventional medicine to lots of different alternative therapies which sometimes helped for a while, I was on antidepressants for 12 years a small dose at night which helped the most but they shop working when you have been on them for awhile and I never wanted to keep going up on the dose. For the last year I have not been on anything I have had a few different herbs and generally try and manage my illness on my own, I swim sauna and have a hot tub that helps me a lot. Why I am writing this is I have a Very bad mouth problem I think it’s the nerves it is not always very bad but its always there in the form of tingling like needles big pressure on the teeth hotness bad taste really very hard to explain but really is horrible, I have been to the dentist my teeth and gums are fine so now I wa

s wondering if any one else has this problem as I really don’t now how to handle it. Or what it is. I have been to Neurologists who just want to put me on antidepressants again saying its part of my F M S. I would be very pleased to hear if anyone else has this problem and has any suggestions Thanks Lucinda

------------------------------

07/08/2011 04:17 AM
PrincessButterfly

I am wondering why you do not want to listen to your Doctor? Did the anti-depressant help you at all? Maybe it is the nerves? I am not sure but I would seek another opinion from a different Dr. if you do not want to listen to your Neurologist. Good luck!

Wink

07/08/2011 04:57 AM
lucindalee

Yes i know myself it is the nerves but i do not want to be on antidepressants for the rest of my life they do harm to you body over time and they shop working and as i said i don't want to keep going up on the dose,yes they did help a lot but only for a while. I have been to see a different Neurologist and doctor but no one can tell me FOR SURE what IT IS. Iwas just wondering if any one else with FMS has the same thing. thanks for your reply

07/08/2011 05:56 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I myself hav jaw pain but I also need teeth pulled so I cant say yes for me.. but I hav had my mouth fall asleep and had truble chewing..the pain I have goes into my right eye ear and jaw,mine is from my neck..as for the tast in your mouth is it bitter or matalic?

I hate to say it but if the ani depresantce helped you might have to concider them again if it is to bothersome..I think we have a natural remidy group here as well you might check it out and see if anyone has ideas I myself dont know enough.. as for water I think it is the bestr remidie for alot of aches and pains...

07/08/2011 06:38 AM
lucindalee

Thanks so much for your reply when i go to the dentise i will ask him about a guard as when i put something in my mouth like chewing gum or just eating the sensation goes it is more a sensation then pain with a lot of pressure on the teeth mostly on the left bad metatic taste tingling, hotness throbbing i can feel my heart beat though my teeth very strange and very bad thanks so much for your advise

07/08/2011 07:07 AM
lucindalee

I also have neck pain not all the time only when i walk to much but its more like a tingling and when i touch it it feels like a electric shock going down my neck. Ido drink 2lts of water every day i have chilli mouth washes that i make myself which do help and now and again take rivertol for the pain. thanks again x

07/09/2011 04:36 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

OMG, out of everything you mentioned, the electric shock feeling is what drives me crazy. For me, it's in my head, neck and hands, can't stand it. It's neurological but can't pin point it yet. Good luck to you and keep us posted!

07/09/2011 07:26 PM
tntmom1027
tntmom1027Posts: 537

I have a bad mouth overall thanks to my autoimmune disorder and the meds I'm on for it, and just genetics in part...BUT I have pain in my gums were I have had teeth extracted and there is no reason that it should hurt me as there is nothing there, teeth wise to make it so....its nerve pain for me.

I have a lot of nerve problems,i have a trapped nerve in my abdomen that causes pain all the time pretty much, they wanted to cut it out but I said no, the nerve in my elbow is pinched/possibly damaged from inflammation caused by my autoimmune disorder and have lost feeling in my arm which may or may not come back they say. And I have a numb left leg and my butt and lower back is numb as well from problems in my spine.

Anyways I haven't found anything that makes it better except a mouth rinse like you said...by the way would love to get your recipe for mouth wash... i also found that taking a folic acid supplement helps my mouth pain/gum pain alot...i just take 1mg a day.

Mammy- I also get the shocking feeling all over my body at times so bad that I call out from it...they blammed it on my fms, but since I've stopped my last autoimmune drug(humira) it has gotten better so I think that was either causing the fms to get worse OR causing MS like symptoms in me(as it has been known to do)....either way its deffinately not fun.

Post edited by: tntmom1027, at: 07/09/2011 07:29 PM

07/10/2011 04:23 AM
lucindalee

Thanks Mammy, Tntmom, It is definably a nerve problem but no one can tell me where it is coming from or what it is i just know myself .iI changes not sure what causes the changes maybe hormones but when it bad its really bad throbbing, burning, really bad pressure on the gums and the teeth { mostly upper left side } metal taste tinging sometimes it like little needles thought my whole mouth, i just now its drives me mad. My chilli mouth wash helps so here is the recipe for you tntmom, its really easy just get a fresh hot Chile pepper { careful for your first time as it will burn your mouth if its to hot } crush it to release the capsicum which is the active ingredient then pour boiling water over it and leave to cool { you can also put fresh ginger in for added hotness, you can use chilli powder or some people use tabasco its up to you, and you can use it as often as you like, hope it helps let me know how you get on. I have had F M S for a long time and now try and manger it naturally without drugs, i take France green clay for detox and I B S and its really helps i would nt. be without it its great stuff, al so i take ashwagandha and shatavari which are Ayurveda herbs for my hormones and do help, but this nerve thing mouth is worse then the pains in my muscles and anything else. Poor thing Tntmom i thought i had problems!!! hope the mouth wash helps and thanks for the advise on folic acid i will give it a try.

07/10/2011 05:36 PM
tntmom1027
tntmom1027Posts: 537

I may have to try the France Green clay, I have horrible IBS, I swear I can't eat anything these days without it acting up and its getting pretty painful..can you get it in a natural food store?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved