MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/26/2011 12:45 PM

Deep muscle pain in arms

njenkinspa
njenkinspa  

Anyone Have a deep painful pain just in the arms? I had some serious pain in my arms the other night as I was trying to sleep. It started in the right arm all up and down feeling like my muscles where being wanting to be tightened up. That lasted more than and hour. The after staying up I got it to calm down. The not to much later I had the same issue in the left arm.

I'm so interested as to what is causing this. During the day I am feeling the pain as well.

Please let me know if anyone has had this?

06/26/2011 01:01 PM
PrincessButterfly

Yes I have it all the time. It is beyond excruciating.

I am sorry that you are experiencing it. It is another wonderful symptom of Fibromyalgia. It sucks doesn't it? Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink Blink

06/26/2011 02:07 PM
oroman
oroman  

I too have this happen to me many times now. Usually it bothers me more when I am laying down and sleeping at night. If I lay down during the day for a nap, I usually can't sleep for long because of the pain. At night I am so tired, I put up with the pain. How do I do it? I take an Antidepressant. Thanks goodness for meds.

By the way, I had cervical spine surgery, so I have been thinking it has to do with that, but lately I see that Fibro brings on this type of pain.

Olga

06/27/2011 04:33 PM
njenkinspa
njenkinspa  

Yes this is a new symptom for me this sucks! This is so not cool it's keeping me up at night and it's starting during the day now! YIKES

Can not have this at work I'll have to see what happens since this started on Saturday!

I know it started after I had my shot in my back this past Friday.

06/28/2011 12:52 AM
lupusgirl
lupusgirl  

I have this too. Its like a straining pain.

I had severe pain in both shoulders first that stayed for about 4 months, then it moved down into my elbows. It eventually left my left elbow, but has remained in my right. Has anyone else had this at all?

Lisa x

06/28/2011 11:35 AM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Lisa, the elbow pain should be addressed, I had the same thing and it first the doc thought it was a bad case of tendonitis but it turned out to be something a little more serious. I went to OT for it and thankfully it worked otherwise I would have had to have surgery. It's called Ulnar Palsy something, something. Sorry, I just can't remember but hopefully you can relate to the fibro fog thing. Those two words might be enough for you to search the internet for more information. I remember how painful it was Sad

Regarding the arm pain, my started out as shoulder pain for which I had three surgeries. My arm pain, pretty sure is totally unrelated unless my shoulder is acting up. Otherwise it's a fibro thing and the way I describe mine is like cement is attached to them and if I try to do something, it's awful. I hope you all feel better and or get answers as to what the pain is from. It's never a good idea to just assume it's fibro. Your doc should always be made aware of any new or worsening syptoms.

06/28/2011 05:00 PM
lupusgirl
lupusgirl  

Thanks mammy,

I've been putting up with it for over a year now in my elbow. I presumed it was the Fibro, just by the way it started. I'll try & find out some info on the "something something" you suggested.

Lisa

07/02/2011 05:57 PM
njenkinspa
njenkinspa  

Yes if it is just in the elbows I would get it checked out! Mine runs all up and down the arms, If the elbow is just bothering you it could be ulnar nerve entrapment or something more serious!

07/14/2011 07:29 PM
mabri
mabri  
VIP Member

The arm thing is horrible! That is how my fibro started. My left arm had a deep ache. I just wanted to cut it off. Then, it started in my right arm. The pain radiates up and down my arms, into my wrists, hands and thumbs. Of course since then, it has taken over my body all together. My arms are still the worst part. Yay, Fibro!

07/15/2011 04:17 AM
Plo83
Plo83  
VIP Member

I get this wonderful arm pain too. One thing that really helps is this over the counter gel called Voltaren. I rub it on my arms then I put the electric heat pad on one of my arms and it helps a lot. Granted, I also take pills for it because at times, it becomes unbearable.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved