MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/25/2008 02:00 AM

Severe hip and groin pain

mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

Merry Christmas all! It's 3am mst and I'm unable to sleep due to a severe fibro flare up. Does anyone get hip/pelvis/groin pain as a result of fibrolyalgia? What do you do to ease the pain? Tonight I've taken a hot bath, meds (darvocet, tramadol & vicodin) and nothing has yet to touch the pain. Any suggetions?

Thanks!Sad

12/25/2008 05:28 AM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

welcome to the group. I have the groin pain/ache. I haven't found anything that helps it. I have recently noticed more hip pain, with some numbness.

I liken my groin pain to riding an elephant on a cross country ride.Pinch

12/25/2008 06:55 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Well, here's another sympton I get that sometimes is so bad I can't walk for days. Didn't know if it was Fibro or RA. You guys are so helpful. Sorry you - we - everybody even has to deal with it at all. If anyone finds any relief for this please post asap.

merry Xmas to all

12/25/2008 07:07 AM
Fletch2ya
Fletch2ya  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

HI.... hey seems we all have the same thing.......

I would really love it if someone comes up with something that works.... It is like when I go to get up...I stand and then try to make that first step, and its like my hip is locked.... or has a catch in it.... It HURTS LIKE HELL>>>> to move it... and then it goes and with every step it gets a little easier... but it takes a couple of dozen steps to even start to walk like a normal person..... aaaa I know...I am far from normal..... any way.... if you have something that will help....PLEASE POST IT>>>

Craig

12/25/2008 07:23 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello mv, and Welcome to our group ....

I don t so much have the groin pain but last evening (after working a 10 hour day), all I could do was lie on the couch and let my thighs and pelvic areas quiver and hurt terribly. I managed to be able to wait until a couple of hours prior to bedtime to take my Lyrica.

I did sleep well but this morning, ""those areas"" seem quite tender when I move. However, if that is the only pains I have on this special day, I will be forever grateful. Smile

Merry Christmas {{{HUGS}}} ...I hope you have a wonderful day !!!

Marilyn

12/25/2008 07:26 AM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have this same issue. I've had it since I got Lyme. It feels to me like my right hip tries to pop out of joint all the time. I've had x-rays, but nothing that I know of has ever shown up. It bothers me every so often, mainly when I'm having a really bad flare, which with the stress of the holidays or changing of meds seems to happen. This, too, shall pass for me. I hope it will for you as well. Mine, I know it is a temporary thing that comes and goes. It's not constant. I just have to ride it out. Nothing will make it go away or really help with the pain. I take Ultram ER every day for my pain, but I wake up at a pain level of 3-4 EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's called intractable pain. Nothing works to fix it. I can't take NSAID's, cuz they've eaten a couple of nice ulcers into my stomach lining. I take muscle relaxers every day, tho. So, that with the Ultram just usually helps to keep the pain between a 4 and a 6, which because I'm so used to pain, I can tolerate it. Get me above a 6, and I'm not a happy camper. Who is? LOL... I usually won't dig out the Vicodin till I'm at an 8, tho, cuz I just can't take the NSAID's in it. So I'm popping Pepto at the same time. I usually try to do some relaxation or other alternative methods--aromatherapy and stuff like that when I hit a 6. Or I hit the Bio-Freeze, heating pads, etc...

Ok, sorry, that was rambling, I never got any sleep last night, just rested for about an hour. The insomnia is KILLING me! I've been awake for about 22 hours or so now... Yikes! Wink

*hugs* Merry Christmas!

Jen Smile

12/25/2008 07:30 AM
gettingoldsucks
gettingoldsucks  

Sorry, missed wecoming you MV, so welcome. Auntie, take it easy today so you don't irritate it and it spreads to groin pain. When I get like that it shoots down both inner legs to the knees and will last for a couple days. Ouch.

12/25/2008 07:43 AM
Janilee

Hi all, what a wonderful Christmas morning. The temps are still in the teens but the ice is all gone and the sun is shinning, everythings ready hours ahead of time to go for the family dinner.

Auntie, sounds like your leg pain may be due to walking on the ice.

I know mine always does that because I tense up my legs trying not to fall. Also the standing yesterday didn't help any.

Merry Christmas to all.

12/25/2008 07:48 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Jan,

I get this type pain every couple of weeks whether there is ice or not. I used to notice it if I climbed a ladder a few times per day so I have stopped that.

It s just different from the fire-y stabs I get from time to time also.

Glad your dinner preps are done and you have a few minutes to sit here and relax. I m kinda doing the same thing...everything I can do for now is done and I have turned the kitchen over the hubby for something he wants to make . Yikes ...did think about HIS mess that he won t clean up ...LOL !!!

Oh well...it s Christmas ...

Have a wonderful day, hon ...Enjoy !!!

Christmas {{{HUGS}}} Marilyn

12/25/2008 12:05 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

mvgallegos, Merry Christmas. That's the way all this started with me. At first I thought it was due to my overies rupturing and the cysts kept coming back and causing pain. So June of last year I them removed. But the pain is still here and it's worse than before. The groin pain is so bad that when I'm walking, it doubles me over and stops me in my tracks. Here lately I have noticed that it's getting worse and my migrains are getting worse. I had a migrain Monday that would not go away and nothing that I did helped, it just made it worse. Couldn't lay down, couldn't stand anything on my head, the hot shower worked while the water was hot, but that only lasted until I got dizzy and fell in the shower. I was throwing up and there was nothing left. But the groin pain is the worse. I don't go back to my doctor until Feb. 20. But I completely understand what you are going through. Teh only thing I have found that works, is a heating pad or they have a heating pad you can put in the microwave and it gives you moist heat and that helps me. Any drug store will have this. It really helps me, or get one those HOT WATER bottles our grandparents use to use to keep warm or for an upset stomach. That works to but, be care if you get water too Hot. Always wrap it in a towel. I hope that this helped you? Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring you peace, Love and Happiness. shortstuff

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved