MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/09/2011 10:29 AM

Are you guys getting better?

WantACureNow

I was diagnosed by Mayo several years ago. Although able to push through how I felt and try to stay active, I recently "crashed", bad. I'm not sure if it was from working 50/hrs a week, having a couple major surgeries back-to-back, stress, or combo of it all. I cannot get my strength back. Multitude of symptoms. I'm on medical leave from my job right now, but am scared. Each time I think I can try and go back, I get reminded how sucky my body feels. Doctors are bouncing me from doc to doc (again). It would be great to hear people get better. I was afraid to join a support group because I so need positive energy and solutions right now. When I think of everything I'm faced with losing (job, husband, house, etc.) I feel disgust for myself. Yet no matter how stubborn I get, I can't force my body to cooperate. Wish I could hire Dr. House. Somebody tell me you got better...and how. It would make my day. Smile

06/09/2011 10:51 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Well you came to the correct place here. Everyone here keeps positive from what I have seen. Lots of folks working full time jobs with fibro. Fibro can be tough but take you out it will not.

06/09/2011 10:59 AM
WantACureNow

Have you always been able to work? Have you ever crashed bad from Fibro? This is the first time it knocked me on my butt so long and as bad. I've had bad days, but nothing like this. Thank you for replying by the way.

06/09/2011 01:06 PM
EMMS950
EMMS950  

You will feel better but the crashes go along with the disease. I have been suffering with this for over 20 years. I do get my times when I think I am over it. I'm sorry to say you will have the good with the bad. Try to rest and when you least expect it your bad flare will be over with. I know how scared it makes you. I have been there. I will keep you in my prayers. Eileen

06/09/2011 03:09 PM
WantACureNow

Thank you Eileen. In the 20 years you've had this, do you find you are getting better or continuing to get worse? How long do your "feeling like you're over it" times last? If I may ask, when you crash...how long do you feel like crap? Anything you can do to get better fast from the crash?

06/09/2011 03:21 PM
cindychap
cindychap  

I am actually in the same boat. Recently I have had to take on a second job just to pay for my health insurance. The second job is very active, bartending/waitressing, and most of the time very, very busy running around. When I finally close up, come home, shower and then get into bed to relax my heels feel like someone is driving nails into them and I cannot get up in the morning at all. It has been worse lately and I cannot push through it. I am exhausted because they have had me on the schedule at the second job all the time, plus I am working Mon-Fri 8 hours a day. I had to make an emergency appointment with my rheumatologist next week and I was not suppose to see him until September.

06/09/2011 03:30 PM
EMMS950
EMMS950  

That is hard to answer. When things get real bad, I feel like it will never end. Then all of a sudden I feel good again. I will have to admit I take pain meds and this new cream someone turned me onto. The cream after 9 days relieves a lot of the pain. You are doing so much. It's no wonder you are in pain. I couldn't keep up with your work pace. It varies on how long I feel like crap lol. I just had family visit and it almost killed me. A few days of rest and i'm a little better. As long as I take pain meds I can keep it under control. I also watch what I eat and take all kinds of vitamins.

http://rtpr.com/ is the site for the cream. I also meditate for the pain and that helps me. I hope this helps you. Eileen

06/09/2011 05:30 PM
sunnydays
sunnydays  

Welcome wantacurenow! Sounds like you may be having a severe flare up. I know myself,I have some days where I am slightly better,most days I am consistently the same. Ive had FM for 5 years now,and not to be a downer,I feel like Ive gotten a little bit worse. I quit working 2 years ago,and recently was awarded SS benefits. But on the other hand,there a lot of ppl out there that have gotten there symptoms under control,and are feeling better. I will pray that you start to feel better,and can go back to work soon. Maybe having all those surgerys caused your FM to flare,and it will just take time to get back to where you used to be. Please hang in there. Maybe you need to talk to your DR. and see if there is anything that he can do to help you. Take care.

06/10/2011 06:03 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

first let me welcome you.. we also have a support group for positive thinking lord help me I cant remeber the name I will look it up for you Clarita is group leader and she is a wonderful insperation to keep people positive..

with everything your body has gone through a normal person would have trouble recoperating..you need to give your self time and let your body heal even if it does take longer then it should normaly.. stress brings on flairs it seems..do you have away to get in a pool? I tell everyone to try it is one of the best ways for your body to relax and easier on it for exercise..

welcome to the group..I hope you find us helpful

06/11/2011 04:27 AM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

i have been diagnosed 3 yrs ago i could not walk thanks to this disease... I had a full time job I knocked myself back to part time the last few years.. now i am exercising everyday and moving to North carolinia at the end of the month for the weather and hopefully better doctors..I have crashes set backs... but as anyone here can tell you I am stubborn and my own worst enemy at times... I push push push... sometimes i win sometimes i lose... once down in the area I will be strting a full time job and have to keep my exercise routine up... so we will see how long that lasts lol...get better I am walking now and exercising so yes and no I have my days weeks where the pain is unbearable but i push on do what is needed and head to bed as soon as i can... Welcome to the group...hugs and love

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved