MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/07/2011 08:56 PM

pain during sex

ladybug7777
ladybug7777  

ok without getting annoyed with me for asking please take this question serious. Has or is any1 else experiencing pain during sex? I have been to the dr several times and they tell me I dont have endometriosis. I know i have polycystic ovaries, but the dr sd it shouldnt cause pain during sex. Whistling Blush

05/07/2011 09:32 PM
Emily09
Emily09  

yes!!!! although i have not brought it up to any of my drs

05/08/2011 01:09 AM
proxicide
proxicide  

Im a male, and i experience pain. Even some to the point where i get fatigued and i have to actually stop.. this sometimes doesnt make my wife very happy

05/08/2011 05:18 AM
oroman
oroman  

Since first joining this site, about 3 yrs ago, I have read that there are others who also have pain during sex. And since we tend to have more areas of our body that feel pain, this may be one area that also is affected. So for us, this is to be a problem which we should talk to our doctors about. We will always have more areas that feel pain because of Fibro and with us sharing, we may find a solution to this added problem.

Thanks for letting me share with you.

Olga

05/09/2011 12:40 PM
icedtei

I have seen a lot of people say that. :/ It is VERY common I suppose.

I always felt like kind of the odd man out. Haha. A lot of people here experience pain and have lost their sexual drive, but I still enjoy an active sex life w/my fiance. (No shame. lol.) I do have some pain that flashes if we try certain things that my body just doesn't like, but mainly I experience the pain afterwards and sometimes I do have to stop earlier than normal because it has suddenly started to hurt. My fiance is very understanding and caring though and we find ways to make things work.

05/09/2011 06:18 PM
OkieNell
OkieNell  

Yes and I've asked my OB and she suggested using a lubricant since she thought maybe I was just getting irritated. But IDK because it seems like I've always had some pain but we try different positions and pretty much know what works and what hurts. Sometimes lately it seems that when I get up to go to the bathroom, it really burns like it's really irritated. I hope this isn't TMI, but I have found it pretty common with Fibro patients.

05/09/2011 06:43 PM
tiggerkenwood

My sister-in-law has poly cystic ovaries, and if I remember right, they told her it could cause pain during sex. I wonder if it is just a difference in what certain doctors think.

I was also told I did not have endeometriosis or scar tissue. I was having heavy bleeding and extreme pain during my period. And, I don't tolerate synthetic hormones well, so I ended up having a hysterectomy. I found out afterwards that I had a lot of scar tissue hiding where they couldn't see it on the ultrasound. I was still coming out of the anesthesia when she talked to me, but I believe she said the scar tissue was attached between my bladder and uterus. So, it is possible to have scar tissue or endeometriosis in places that are hard to see by ultrasound.

One more thing: I get an imbalance of the natural bacteria in my vagina area that sometimes spreads to my cervix. I usually get a cream antibiotic from the doctor. (I can't remember the name of it, unfortunately). When it gets up to my cervix, it causes pain during intercourse. I hear that this kind of thing is common for people with CFIDS, but I am not sure about Fibro. Maybe your doctor could test you for this? I wish I had a better memory and could be more specific.

Post edited by: tiggerkenwood, at: 05/09/2011 06:45 PM

Post edited by: tiggerkenwood, at: 05/09/2011 06:46 PM

05/10/2011 04:01 PM
LRandle
LRandle  

yes I have had pain during sex. I have used lubricants and stings/burns. Some times it feel like rug burn while we are in the act. It's all tender down there. I have had that burning feeling also after sex when I pee. Glad to know I'm not alone on this one. Thanks for bring this subject up.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved