MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2011 02:13 PM

Hi new here from Ohio

sun1158

Hi everyone this is the first support group i have ever joined. I've been trying to join for 2 weeks but i am computer illiterate and needed my sister to show me how to get on...lol Anyway i am 52 yrs old and live with my sister (whom i adore) and 4 furry nieces and nephews. I was dx'd with bipolur in 1993 and fibro shortly after, can't remember when cause i also suffer from (crs) because of the lovely fog i live in. I also have kidney issues and IBS (if you have to ask you don't want to know) Anyway I have been reading all your posts and have come to the conclusion that i don't have it so bad as i thought i did. So many of you have life much worse than me and still you laugh. I hate to complain because i don't want to sound like a hypochondriac, yet i do hurt, it drives me out of my mind sometimes. My feet, ankles, legs, hips and butt are the worst. I take hot baths, showers, use a heating pad. I was much worse at one time and was seeing a pain dr. whom i loved, he never made me feel like i was faking it or just out for drugs. I was on oxycontin and percocet for breakthrough then i went into a sort of remission for almost 2 years that was just like having the flu all the time without the fever. I stopped taking the narcotics. Well the fibro has come back with a vengance and i have been seeing a differant pain dr (1st one is unavailable) for 4 months now and he is against narcotics. its been suggested i try nuertontin so i am going to talk to him this thrs on my next appt. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a remission for how long and if the fibro came back. Mine seems to be getting worse as the days go by. It could be cause of non stop rain were haveing but i don't know. Also has anyone else used nuerontin and did it help? sorry i'm rambling but thanks for listening

God Bless

Sun [img] Ermm

05/03/2011 02:19 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

welcome t the group... I wish i had a remission Smile and alot of people here ue neurtin.. I dont personally so I can not speak on it... I take lyrica(my godsend) 300mg a day and flexril at night to help my muscle relax when i sleep (if i sleep lol)

good luck with this doctor if he gives you a hard time there are a billion more out there that will listen... good luck Smile hugs and love Adewyn

05/03/2011 04:47 PM
sun1158

Thank you for the welcome, I can't take any other anti-deppressant like lyrica my phychiatrist said no cause it might send me over the edge with the bipolur (am a bit manic now) i'm already on abilify, wellbutrin, depakote, trazadone and ambien. thats why i'm really hoping the nuerontin will work

sun

05/03/2011 07:30 PM
EMMS950
EMMS950  

Hi, I just wanted to welcome you to the group. I hope you feel better soon. Wow a remission. I would love that lol. I hope they find a combo that makes you feel better. Eileen

05/04/2011 07:42 PM
kmom1

Hi! I hope you

05/04/2011 07:48 PM
kmom1

OOps! I am not very good on the computer either. I hope that you are feeling better. I am newly diagnosed so I dont have any awnsers to give. I also live in Ohio. This rain really hurts me. I really want some sunshine. I am on Savells and relavin and a flexeril to help me sleep. Sleep doesnt come easy. I am still trying to find the magic mix that helps enough to let me feel semi normal. Good Luck to you.

05/04/2011 08:40 PM
mmason

Sun

I live in Oho as well, and the not so lovely weather here has been killing me! The cold, snowy winter, and the continual rain this spring have kept me in a constant flare since early Dec. I did take neurontin for quite some time, but I finally gave up on it, b/c it stopped working for me. I'm back on Lyrica again, after a failed trial on Savella. The only reason I quit the Lyrica before was cost. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as well for me this time around. I'm looking forward to warm weather...I seem to have fewer and shorter flares in the summer and fall.

Welcome to the group, BTW! Always happy to see a fellow Buckeye ( no offense to the rest of you! Smile) Hope the neurontin works for you...it does for some. We all respond differently to meds, so what works for one may not work for someone else. Wouldn't it be awesome if medicine was an exact science? It sure would make this easier to treat if the same med worked for everyone! Hope you find yourself in a remission again soon!

Blessings & hugs~

05/05/2011 07:11 AM
sun1158

hi everyone thanks for the welcomeLaughing. i am really hurting today so this will probably be short. I havnt slept for 3 days cuz of pain, last nite was the worst. i see my pain doc today and plan on asking him about nuerontin and percocets for breakthrough. if he doesnt help me i am looking for a new doc.

Does anyone know how long nuerontin takes to start working? I mean i know everyone is differant just looking for a general idea.

God bless and wishing all of you a pain free day! Smile

sun

05/05/2011 08:23 AM
mmason

Any of the fibro specific meds realistically can take 4-6 weeks or more to reach maximum effect, although you may start to notice some benefit before that. I gave the Savella a good 3 month trial before I considered calling it a failure. I pray your pain doc gives you something for breakthrough until the the neurontin has a chance to take effect. Wishing you relief from your pain!

Blessing & hugs!~

05/05/2011 09:42 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Wow the very biggest problem I see is your in Ohio its too darn cold up there move to the south that might put a smile on your face lol. I lived up there for 24 years and when I moved away my pain level decreased by 50%. Hey welcome to the forum !!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved