MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2011 06:47 PM

head pain only on the left side

kmom1

I have had head pain on the left side of my head above my eye moving across the top of my head and down my neck. I have tried tylenol and heat and ice, but it won;t let up. Does anyone else have this?

05/02/2011 07:50 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

How long has this been going on? I think that you should contact your doctor in the morning and get in to see him/her right away. Do you have a history of migraine headaches?

Do you think it could be something like that? Is the pain constant or does it come and go?

Years ago, I had the same sypmtoms only on the right side of my head and it hurt really bad. And before I go any farther, I AM NOT A DOCTOR, JUST TELLING YOU ABOUT AN EXPERIENCE I HAD. Sorry about the big letters, just wanted you to know this is not what I think you have. When I had those symptoms, it turned out I had Bells Palsy, which is not anything to worry about, but it should be in your medical history and you may have to go on a med for awhile IF it turned out to be that. It is usually brought on by an infection like a cold or virus.

I would most certainly see my doc asap, because if it migraine headaches, they might start you on a med for that as well.

I have never experienced that with fibro, but again, I am not a doctor, so it could even be fibro, who knows. It's best to call your doc and get it to see them.

Anytime I experience something I have never had before and it is painful, I always at least call the doc and at least have the nurse give the doc a message to call me back after office hours.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hugs~

Christine

05/02/2011 08:12 PM
mmason

kmom,

Sounds a lot like a migraine...have you tried Excedrin? Best OTC headache medicine I've ever taken! If it persists, I'd get it checked out. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Blessings & hugs~

05/03/2011 09:22 AM
EMMS950
EMMS950  

I have shoulder pain that goes up my neck and into my head and eye on the right and left side. Believe it or not, I take an alka seltzer and it relives the pain. Talk with your doctor and make sure it isn't something serious. I hope you find something that works for you. Hugs Eileen

05/03/2011 01:49 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

Hope you feel better soon hugs and love

05/03/2011 04:20 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have a very similar pain, mine is in the back of my head and mainly on the left side too. I have Basilar type Migraines and have just figured this is one that won't go away until I get my migraine meds. I would definitely go see your doc about this one, it could be a simple migraine or something more serious. Keeping you in my prayers that you find relief quickly.

05/04/2011 07:38 PM
kmom1

Thanks guys. I woke up day 3 of this and it slowly went away. I was very careful about how I arranged the pillows and how I laid down for the night. I woke up in the same position that I fell asleep in. I only got 4 hours of sleep but it is gone. I will call my DR and report the problem, but I am so greatful it is gone. I do get migrains, but this is not a migraine that I typicly have. I hope that this is just a one time thing. ThankYou again!!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved