MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2011 10:42 PM

the room was tilting

ladybug7777
ladybug7777  

2day I had a rough day to say the least. I was in a great mood all day. Fatigue took over at about noon. By 1pm theroom was tilting and I felt like i was not myself. I was just laying on the floor at 8pm when my husband got home. He asked me if I was ok and of course I was but didnt feel like I could explain that the room was spinning and tilting. When trying to walk it was worse because it felt like the floor was tilted. I quickly sent my son upstairs, not wanting him to see me like this. I felt like I had no balance. My dear husband was helping me to the couch and I just kinda spaced out and I could hear him talking to me ,but couldnt see. like everything went black and everything had an echo to it as if i was standing in a tunnel. When I was sitting on the couch I felt like I couldnt keep my eyes open ,but I couldnt lay down because I felt like I was falling. These "episodes" are happening more and more often. I think I really need to get my dr to understand the severity of it. I cant even trust myself to drive right now. This is so not like me. I want to scream out Y?! Y, me? And why Is Fibro trying to really make me nuts!? I cant keep having this happen because it makes me act like a spaced out idiot all day. I want my younger more energetic self back.Oh please Fibro wont you leave me alone?Blush

04/30/2011 05:44 AM
Kvasconez

I'm an Advocate

Sounds like you need to get this checked out immediately, even if it means a trip to the ER. It could be a reaction to meds you are on, or any number of items associated with or independent of your fibro. Good luck and let us know what you find out. I care and am praying that you find out what is going on.

04/30/2011 08:00 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I agree you need to see the doc and it might not be a bad idea to show up while your having an episode..have you ever had inner ear problems?

04/30/2011 08:04 AM
mmason

That sounds very concerning to me...sounds like serious med side effects or something neurological going on. You really need to get in & get that checked out. Please keep us updated...praying you get to the bottom of it very soon!

hugs!

04/30/2011 10:46 AM
ladybug7777
ladybug7777  

ok went to the er and they sd i was fine just tired. are you friggin kiffing me. I dont think this is normal. hello im 30 i shouldnt need my husband to take me to the couch and tell me to sit down because my brain cant make desicions. this is scary to me when it happens and since it has been happening more often i am growing more concerned. I have an appt in 2 weeks with my dr but it think if ithappensagain then im going to show up at his office and he can see for his self how this is effecting me. I dont want my son to see me when this is happening. I was having balance problems so badyesterday. we have a swing in our backyard that folds down into a bed and yesterday i fell off of it which didnt help

04/30/2011 11:44 AM
ladybug7777
ladybug7777  

broken i have never been tested for middle ear problems. I have been having these episodes for 2 years, but was dx with Fibro like 5 months ago. when i go to the er they say im fine but i damn sure dont feel fine. sheesh! either i have some really ignorant dr's around or im hallucinating. yesterday i heard a bird chirping and asked my husband if he heard it too just to be sure i wasnt losing it. lol funny but not funny. my hubby does the best that he can to help, but i know hes frustrated withsitting in the er for hours everytime this happens only for the dr's to say im fine. should i drive like really far away and go to a diffrent hospital? i just dont knowhow to handle thisanymore. Idont want tosound like a wuss but it really sucks when i have the episodes. and it seems like none of my dr are listening. I think i need to find another dr. and i definately need to find another er that cares about the wellfare of its patients. i really thinkthat something serious is going on. and no to mention the whole time the room is tiltin i wonder stupid things like am i having a mini stroke or an anurism. i have involuntary muscle movements in my arms when this happens.

05/01/2011 01:34 PM
Adewyn
Adewyn  
Group Leader

i have been hospitalized for such episodes along with what you describe I also have left side that goes numb or because paralysised.. they too told me "it is in my head" LOL really? I cant speak walk talk move reach nothing but i am ok and its in my head lol.. yeah tell that to my husband and kids and friends that have seen this LOL...

Friggin doctors.. show up when you are having these episodes maybe then will they e what is going on... as for me we are moving and once i get established agan I will show up a adocs office like that mess i can get... and show them duh not in my head this is real..

Hang in there.. its tough I think this more then fibro.. fight for it .. i know i am

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved