MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/19/2011 10:49 AM

overload

jaylyn2201
jaylyn2201Posts: 187

I am so ready for this week to be over. Here is Texas it has been almost 100 degrees the last two days and where I work the a/c is out. Today I am not doing so good with the heat. and to make things worse my office is next door to the kitchen/break room and one guy just heated up a bowl of chili. Sick

I don't think I am going to make it through the day.

04/19/2011 11:12 AM
maggiesdream
maggiesdream  

LOL!! Chili, really? I can kind of relate its really hot here too. I don't have a/c in my car. I try to keep scrunches in my purse and car and desk at work. I hope you make it. I can't believe they expect you to work in those conditions.

04/19/2011 02:25 PM
RoseofSharon
RoseofSharon  

We put signs on the microwaves here that have a fish crossed out or "no broccoli" since I sit so close to the kitchen. LOL - people are so insensitive!!

04/19/2011 02:49 PM
ladybug7777
ladybug7777  

thats awful. i live in texas too so i feel ya on the heat babe! try not to melt to your chair. bring a mini fan to work even if its just blowing around hot air...its stilll air. tell your boss either install a mister over your office or fix the ac. just kidding. i hope it gets fixed. it must be like a sauna in there. think cold thoughts like popcycles and snowcones and blizzards. pretend theres an lovely penguin bringing you a margarita and your sitting by a pool. it might make the day go faster

04/21/2011 04:31 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

wish I could send you some of my cold weather and yu could send me some of your warm. I live in the Pacific Northwet and it's not even hit 50 here yet. In fact we had snow Monday morning, fortunately it didn't stick. Spritz yourself with cool water and sit in front of a fan maybe that will help.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved