MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/03/2011 09:47 PM

Does anyone else..........

Fibroteddy

Does anyone else really have the "brain fog" that comes with Fibro? Sometimes I think that I am completely losing it and just can't remember anything! I get really embarassed and my friends look at me like I am stupid or something!

Does anyone else find that they are hot ALL OF THE TIME?? It feels like I am inflamed all over and if the A/C goes above 70 degrees I am sweating! It really makes sleeping hard and ice packs are my new best friend!

Does anyone else find that they are losing friends because of having to cancel going out all of the time because you are so tired and achy that the thought of leaving your comfort spot at home will just kill you? I am down to just a couple of friends now and don't dare make new ones because of not wanting the frustration over it all for me and them.

Does anyone else have such high anxiety from the pain that you have panic attacks and/or body parts that twitch? My eyes will twitch when I feel the stress getting to me and sometimes it scares me that maybe I should get checked for a stroke possibility. I have to be careful when I am in public and this happens so that I don't offend anyone by making them think that I am winking at them!

I am new to this support group and wondering if any others out there feel this way. In my life right now I am alone dealing with this and I joined yesterday here to find friends and some sort of understanding from others. I have chatted with a few of you so far and found that it does help to talk with others who have the same problems. I am not speaking to my family on my mother's side at all from this illness and what they think of it all. I am not speaking to any but two cousins on my father's side for the same reasons. I am single and never married so, I feel pretty much alone. The irritability that comes along with pain probably has not helped much in this area for me. Today was only a moderate day of pain, but another day of pure exhaustion. There is just no one here for me to talk to and that is why I am joined here online looking for fellow fibroites to speak with instead. So, please let me know if any of you feel the same things or want/need someone to talk to. I would really appreciate it right now in life! I do have my four-legged "kids" that support me any way they know how to with lots of kisses! I chose my online name because I tend to be a very huggy and lovey person, but haven't felt or received much of either recently. I do love teddybears because I think that we all need something soft and cuddly now and again in life. I hope to talk with some of you soon!

04/04/2011 05:49 AM
MommaManda
MommaManda  

I know how you feel completely. The brain fog is crazy some days for me... lucky I remember my own name. I read some otehr posts on here about it too, so I guess lots of people go through it. I too thought I was going crazy... I was in denial about the things I was forgetting but now I see it and I see it alot. I try to leave millions of notes which helps some, starting to carry an organizer to write stuff down while I am out.

As for anxiety I have had that for so long for other reasons it's hard to tell if it's from the fibro but I think some of it is. I get anxious when I have to do something and I am not sure if I am going to be able to do it.

I am recently diag'd and also tryin to find friends that understand, most of my "friends" don't or family either.

Feel free to add me as a friend or PM me.

04/04/2011 07:44 AM
fibromite
fibromitePosts: 810

Yes, yes, and yes!

Welcome! Feel free to pm me anytime when you need to chat.

I get the fibrofog, anxiety, and had to let go of toxic people in my life. It all comes with it. But... with positivity we can get through it one day at a timeSmile

04/04/2011 08:27 AM
ouchee
ouchee  

Unfortunately for all of us...............I think we all can identify with you in a big way. I have everything that you are talking about and there is no other way to say it but it SUCKS!!!!!! In fact, having a really bad flare starting today after a pretty good couple of weeks with mild pain. So, needless to say "Pissy Little Missy" has reared her ugly little head.

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this basically alone. I think you will find this website to be full of people who will listen and really can help if you ask. Otherwise, we are hear to listen and identify and give you support.

I can definately say that you are not crazy. It's just the way FIBRO rolls.

For me though, I notice that the anxiety gets more extreme as the pain mounts so I try to find things that occupy my mind and keep me in the moment and try not to focus on the pain so much. The longer you have this, the more you will find that you will come up with ways that will help you individually. We are all different and we all have some pretty good ideas but you have to find what works best for you.

I'll say some prayers for you. May the Lord bless you and heal your pain and suffering (for us all).

~C

04/04/2011 09:06 AM
newrsd

Yes to all of the above. Unfortunately.

04/04/2011 10:38 AM
RosiePosie241
RosiePosie241  

Hi Smile And welcome! Yes to the "fibro fog", yes to being hot and having a terrible time sleeping due to it, yes to losing friends (especially at work) due to canceling plans and having to miss a day of work on my bad flare up days, yes yes YES to having anxiety. I was in Oregon with my best friend and went into a bar late at night (when I am usually asleep) and was already sore due to our days worth of activities leading up to going out that night and when someone ran into me (He actually bumped me but it felt like he ran me over) I lost it, stepped outside and had the biggest anxiety attack I have ever had. And it has only gotten more frequent since then. Learning how to live with fibro is a process and getting used to it takes a good while.

The "fibro fog" is the worst lately, my hubby thinks its funny and usually makes me laugh when it happens (thankfully) but when I am in the moment its frustrating because I don't remember leaving my cell phone in the car, or tossing it on the bed before I go do the dishes, or the fact that I told my hubby the same thing twice because I forgot I told him the first time. It stinks but hopefully you can explain to people what fibro fog is so that they understand (to an extent) what's happening when you're in the moment. *Soft hugs* I look forward to seeing you around!!

Rosie

04/04/2011 10:47 AM
mikesangel
mikesangel  

Welcome to the Family FibroTeddy!

I am sure ALL of us at some point have gone through what you are going through.

Yes, I have suffered from the "Fibro Fog". It really sucks sometimes. I work f/t as a Legal Secretary. I can be strumming along, doing my work, and all of a sudden go blank. It's quite frustrating!

I don't necessarily feel hot all the time. I feel more cold then hot. But it flucuates. I can be freezing one minute and overly warm 10 minutes later. Drives me nuts!

I found a wonderful article on Fibro symptoms and can honestly say I suffer from about 90% of the things on the list. It was a very informative read that helped me understand a lot! Maybe reading it will make you realize you are not alone in your symptoms and they are common with Fibromyalgia. You can find the article here:

http://abarnabas.tripod.com/indexfibrosymptoms.html

Hope you feel less alone. You WILL find the support you need here.

Wink

04/04/2011 11:02 AM
Iluvmyson1
Iluvmyson1  

Fibro fog is one of the worst parts for me. I used to be the one people in the office came to for answers. My coworkers looked up to me and commented on how smart I was all the time. It gave me a great deal of pride to be the "smartest person in the room". Now, I screw up even the most basic tasks. That fast track to advancement I was on has turned into the slow lane to no where.

I have also developed involuntary muscle movements. Out of nowhere my left leg will jerk, then my right shoulder two or three times in quick succession. My eyes twitch and it's almost impossible to focus on the words in front of me. The eye problem usually occurs when I'm tired, when I've done too much or I'm anxious. I wish I was in a better place so I could give you positive feedback and tell you it's all going to be okay. And it will. We all find a way to live in spite of this horrible affliction. Some days are better physically, some are better emotionally, some are better spiritually- when you are down you've just got to "ride the tide" and have faith that one of those better days is on it's way.

Much love and understanding!!!

Rebecca Dizzy

04/04/2011 12:05 PM
Kookey

Yesssss! The fibro -myster is my wooorst symptom. That and the insomnia. You are not crazy! I forget things so often I need an internal secretary!!! Lol I am newly diagnosed. But the one thing tht has kept me going for sure is MdJ. When I frst joined I was in a state of just giving up too. It hits you like a ton of bricks and u feel helpless. But there is hope. By researching and educating mysrlf I have learned to cope. It is not eady, but I am do much better now.

I get anxiety too. My social anxiety is farely moderate, but all of my attacks have happened here at home, thank goodneds. You are noy alone. Wink

Pm me anytime.

Takr care

04/04/2011 12:49 PM
Wintersnow

Yes. Yes. Yes. and mmmm...Yes!

I have had Fibro fog for well...forever now that I think of it.

Dang, husbanb wants me to run off with him.

I'll be back later.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved