MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/04/2008 07:48 PM

Testing

Lazy1
Lazy1  

What kind of tests can my doctor do to let me know if I really have fibro?

12/04/2008 08:26 PM
Cori

There is not one single test that can say that you have Fibro. They do many blood tests to rule out other conditions such as arthritis, Lupus etc. Then they will do a tender point test touching 18 different parts on your body. if you have 11 or more of the tender points and pain on both sides of your body for three or more months for no other reason then they will usually diagnos fibro. It is best to see a Rhuemetologist to be diagnosed. You might try and google fibromyalgia there is allot of information out there. Smile

12/04/2008 08:26 PM
jenn36
jenn36  

I know that sed rate and feratin blood tests can check inflamation levels. But that isn't a sure fire way. I forget where I read this, so you may want to google it, there is new studies that an apa test can show fibro. Good luck.

Jenn

12/06/2008 03:51 PM
KayDesigner

jenn, apa or ana test? I just wondered because I had an ANA choice screen come back positive but was negative for Lupus, Sjogrens, etc... My new doctor said that this was a sign of a fibro / inflammation. My creatine kinase levels were also elevated. Is this what your talking about?

Thanks, Kay

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved