MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2007 02:44 PM

I believe I have M.S.

siskoray

Hi everyone,

Well recent events have made me face the prospect that I may be faced with either having discovered I have something specific or that I have both Fibromyalgia as well as MS. I have been undergoing a myriad of tests to find out if I have MS but as I read and talk to others that have it I am more and more convinced that I have it. I have become very weak lately and my arms tremble without any control whatsoever. In addition I found out that the electrical shocks that I've experienced when turning my head is a clear symptom of the disease.

Also, several times over the last few days I have almost passed out from intense dizziness when attempting to move around and I have become a complete prisoner to my bed. It's the most frustrating situation I could never have imagined could happen and now that I'm faced with the possibility I actually hope it is MS since then I would then be taken more seriously and given treatments that actually might make a difference in my life.

PT, Methadone, Phenegran are all masks that have accomplished nothing for me. And when I think about MS it all makes sense. The periodic and myserious fevers along with slurring of speach and muscular problems such as not being able to pick up objects at times and finally the periods of time when I feel completely healthy for a few weeks all make sense.

Anyways I thought I would mention it here. I'll of course update everyone.

Thank you.

06/08/2007 12:29 AM
jack1423

Sorry to hear what you have to go through, siskoray. How old are you?

I thought that MS is fairly easy to diagnose.

Unfortunately, it's not only incurable, but also progressive, so I don't think that actually wanting to be it is the best wish...

I know what you mean, though, feeling so sick and unable to do anything, and the doctors shrugging or telling you you're healthy.

I hear of so many horror stories with incompetent doctors... I watch "House, MD", where every case is taken so seriously, doctors remaining for days at the patient's bedside, searching through their houses in a quest for clues... I wonder if in real life, there is one single physician taking a patient and his disease so seriously. Unfortunately not, I believe. Doctors are still humans, they don't have superpowers, and as long as it's not the kind of disease that goes away with a pill, they're usually overwhelmed. And we live in the country with the best medicine in the world. It's sad, really.

06/08/2007 09:57 AM
siskoray

Hello Jack,

quite honestly I refrain from responding to your inquiry as it would seem your intent here is to provoke an innapropriate response. In this forum we strive to be supportive and informative with the goal of refraining from judging the posts of others. I would ask that if you wish to participate in this forum that you please be respectful of that and invite you to please indeed participate, but again, refrain from judging.

Respectfully,

CJ

06/10/2007 02:22 AM
jack1423

Clearly there is a misunderstanding, but I respect your wish not to debate further.

All the best.

06/11/2007 02:38 AM
siskoray

Jack,

I don't doubt that I could have been totally mistaken and if I am I apologize if I've made the wrong call here. The great things about forums is the ability to communicate with each other and the worse thing is that with text only it's sometimes difficult to hear the writer's reflections and see facial expressions.

So If I mistook you, again I apologize, and thank you for your understanding as well.

Best wishes,

CJ

06/23/2007 12:37 PM
revdrkathryn
revdrkathrynPosts: 7

ouch! I totally understood what Jack was saying. And Siskoray, my daughter and I both have fibromyalgia but also suspect there is MS going on as well. Have you been diagnosed with the MS yet? I have an appointment with a Rheumatologist that I've never seen before (moved 4 ys ago) but she has no insurance and can't get an MRI done to diagnose. I suspect I'll be having one soon.

06/28/2007 09:23 PM
imnessa
imnessaPosts: 21

I have FMS, my aunt and cousin have it as well. However, my aunt was just diagnosed with MS, rather than Fibromyalgia. She was treated for FMS for many years and then began having the symptoms you are experiencing. If I can be off further help, let me know.

06/29/2007 02:58 AM
siskoray

Smile Thank you very much for offering your assistance. Also it's been a few days that I haven't for health reasons been able to visit the site, so a hearty welcome to you to our slowly growing family. I do have some questions and if you don't mind, could you ask your aunt and cousin if they have these as well.

1) Electrical shock that travels throughout my skull. There are times when even the slightest movement of my head I receive an electrical jolt that travels through my skull and also causes the ringing in my ears to intensify.

2) Loss of motor skills. I have been experiencing problems more frequently as time goes by of not being able to pick up an item like a remote control or if I do tremors begin in that hand. I feel a weakness pretty much all over my body, especially in my legs and hands, and the time that I notice it in my legs is when I have to walk downstairs where my right leg sort of shivers as it seems to be attempting to keep strength but is failing.

3) Increased dizziness and nausea. I've experienced an increase in my dizziness to the point that the room will spin and I have fallen on 2 occasions when traveling from one room to another. The nausea seems also related to my dizziness and many times leads to vomiting.

4) Electric pulse throughout body. I get an electric pulse that travels my entire body at times, especially before going to sleep. I have had RLS (Restless leg syndrome) for years but now it seems to have spread to all extremities.

5) Finally Double Vision. I experience double vision now every day and with each day it seems to get worse. There are times, especially in the morning, when I cannot correct it and have to wait several minutes until my muscles seem strong enough to help correct this problem.

Thanks very much for passing this along and for your very informative posts.

Best Wishes,

CJ aka Siskoray

06/29/2007 04:52 AM
imnessa
imnessaPosts: 21

That sounds very similar to what she has shared with me. I will talk to her, I will give you my email (imnessa@yahoo) and if you write, I can forward it on to her as well. She is very helpful. As far as the shocking sensations, I get those in my head (makes me dizzy)when I miss or am late on my meds. I also have times when I can not hold something or open something. And I also have the restless leg. I do not have the dizzy spells, although I have periods where I lose my balance. I don't have the blurred vision either. Your symptoms sound like those related to MS. Send me an email.

06/30/2007 07:44 PM
siskoray

Hey, thanks a bunch for the info and I look forward tp hearing about how the information I gave in any way correlates.

Best Wishes,

CJ aka Siskoray

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved