MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/25/2008 05:55 PM

disability

Katie00
Katie00Posts: 4

Is anyone on disability because of their fibromyalgia?? Did you have to go through any medical evaluations? I have recently applied and they are making me go to 2 different appointments to be evaluated I was just wondering if most people are required to do this or not.

11/25/2008 06:16 PM
amommy02
amommy02  

Yes. They always send you for evaluations and tests. Even if you've already had them done they usually want you to get it done again especially for them. Anything to make your life harder, I really think that should be their motto.

11/25/2008 07:06 PM
Starr
Starr  

Hi Katie, and welcome to our group. Many of us are in different stages of disability. I am currently awaiting a hearing in front of a judge on mine.

I have not yet been sent for any evaluations, but I just learned today that they can wait until your hearing before ordering you to be evaluated.

There are a lot of members on this group who will be happy to share their stories with you. But not everyone is online all at one time, so keep checking back for replies to your post.

I hope you will make yourself at home here. Feel free to ask questions, read old posts, or start new ones of your own. And anytime you just need to share, or need support, we are here for you.

11/25/2008 07:57 PM
sleepwalking
sleepwalking  

I was sent to a psyciatrist when I first applied in 06 and then I received my denial 10 days later or there about.

It seems like more people have reported these appts this year, both with the psycs and MD's.

I haven't been asked to see an MD yet. I'm just waiting for my turn. After my 2nd denial at the beginning of Jan you would think my hearing would be coming up soon. But my lawyer said they have already assigned all the cases for December.

When you go, make sure it is your WORST day!!

Come back and let us know how it goes. Try not to stress about it to much. There is not much you can do about it.

11/25/2008 08:45 PM
mesafoxx
mesafoxx  

hi there i to have had evaluations, and my disability will be for fibro, but not in full because i have a few thing wrong. So, hey just keep ur head up and keep pluggin along and whatever u do, do not quit or give up or u will never forgive urself. ok

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved