MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/27/2011 07:11 AM

Right side of body pain/numb/tingling!!

nicegirlme78
nicegirlme78  

I had written a post where I thought I had shingles but it turned into where the whole right side of my body has become numb/weak/tingling/painful! I went to the Dr and they tested my blood for b12 defficiency but it was negative and I'm going tomorrow for an EMG (nerve conduction) test. It literally is from my head to my toes and fingers. It's sometimes like Fibro pain but also with more weakness and tingling. I have never felt this before and especially just on one side. You can literally draw a line from my spine over and thats where the pain is. The Dr said I definately have Carpal Tunnell (but I already suspected that).

Has anyone had an experience like this?

I put in my symptoms in a search engine and it mainly came to MS, but I'd not like to think that's what it is. MS really scares me!

01/27/2011 07:21 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have never had anything like what you're describing. It does sound suspicious, though. I will be praying for you!

One thing to remember is that ms, fibro, lupus & the such can all mimic a lot of different things. The more serious illnesses need to be ruled out for sure. Try not to worry too much about things. I know that's easier said than done let us know how you're doing & what you find out! Wink

01/27/2011 07:40 AM
jroubikwills
jroubikwills  

I had numbness and tingling in my left arm, hand, and foot. The first thing my doc gave me was a script for an MRI to look fr MS. I am surprised that wasn't the first avenue for your doc to go. I also had the EMG done. Both were normal. I still get it here and there. But I would just suggest they give you an MRI of the brain. Good luck, and please let us know what your outcome is.

01/27/2011 09:23 AM
Realityworld

Yes, Thank you for not making me think I am crazy. That crazy rheumy of mines said it could not be. She said that it was strange it was not on my left side. Then asked me why I was hurting. I had to say I don't know I don't have the MD behind my name. She made me so made. I plan to change Dr but we only have about four here in town. The pain also was under my breast bone. If finally went away after 3 days of pain. But have had the flare up again. All you can do is try to get in position to relieve the pain I guess.

01/27/2011 09:52 AM
Kimbaskicks
Kimbaskicks  

Praying it's FM related and goes away soon!

{Hugs}

01/27/2011 09:55 AM
nicegirlme78
nicegirlme78  

Thanks for the replies! I went to my internal Dr first because I could not get into my rheumotlogist for a week and thought it needed immediate attention. They said they would do an MRI if the EMG did not give any answers! I also thought an MRI would be the first test but who knows! I will keep you updated on my progress with this. It started on Saturday and hasn't gotten any better or worse.

01/27/2011 10:46 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

I've also been tested at length for MS but no MS for me. The nerve conduction study will tell them if it's in specific nerves in your arms or leg or whatever. They aren't much fun. I hope it works out!

01/27/2011 10:48 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I bet do to your age is where ms pops up..it did me as well may diffrent sympoms over lap other things but no matter what is handed down to you you will get through..I have that right side numbness and pain,have you injerd your neck?

01/27/2011 12:49 PM
jroubikwills
jroubikwills  

Strange it was not on your left side? Hmmm... I don't know how that makes complete sense to not look for MS. Depending on where a lesion in the brain is would depend on where numbness and tingling are. I'm not saying you have MS, I am no doc, and it could all be Fibromyalgia related. I just don't understand why a doc would rule that out completely. I know 2 people who do have it, and the symptoms are incredibly close to that of Fibro. Anyhow, ur doc may be right. I hope you find out the reason, or at least rule out other possibilities and find it is only Fibro related.

01/27/2011 03:42 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi nicegirlme~

It's nice to hear that someone has a doctor that takes them seriously and starts testing right away. We are not doctors and we can only speculate from things we have gone through, but no two people are alike, so I am glad your doctors are being so thorough.

I keep all members in my prayers, but I will say special prayers for you tonight and keep you in my daily prayers. Please keep us updated, we do care, well I guess I shouldn't talk for everyone, but I do care and would like you to keep me updated and I am sure everyone that posted here would like to hear what you find out too : )

Wishing you good luck and praying for you,

Christine

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved