MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/24/2011 06:59 PM

Fibro and Pregnancy?

RaynaLea
RaynaLea  

Hey guys! I'm new here but I wanted to ask if any of you ladies could give me some insight on having fibro and being pregnant?

I'm about 9 weeks and so far so good.

Does it get worse with the PG?

I'm scared to google it... It will only cause anxiety. haha I figured I'd ask you guys who have been through it Smile

01/24/2011 08:00 PM
ouchee
ouchee  

Funny you should ask. Okay it was a long time ago that I was pregnant but I can tell you that each time I got pregnant, I actually felt great as far as Fibro goes. I chalk it up to God and the way he made our wonderful bodies. I don't think He wants us to go through more than we can handle. Just my outlook on the subject. I was very happy at those times. However, on the last pregnancy which we won't go into right now. I had major trauma afterwards but that was because of the circumstances. Conversation for another time.

Hope this helps and I'll be praying for you. Stay positive, it will probably be an awesome experience for you.

Love and Prayers coming your way!!!!! Cool

01/24/2011 08:11 PM
OkieNell
OkieNell  

This has become a concern for me with my age and the fibro and getting married in November.

I have nothing to add, but really look forward to getting to know you better. Welcome to the boards - glad you found us!

01/25/2011 05:50 AM
Kimbaskicks
Kimbaskicks  

Rayna, Welcome!! I thought I was cured!! I think I was the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life!! I followed the book "What To Expect When You're Expecting" by the letter!

It all came crashing down after I gave birth tho! Why can't they just replicate the hormones we produce when we're pregnant??? Wink

Congrats and enjoy your pregnancy!!

{Hugs}

01/25/2011 06:05 AM
ouchee
ouchee  

See Kimmy had the same experience. I think your body has a way of protecting you and your baby when you are pregnant. God is soooooo awesome!!!!!! Cool

01/25/2011 08:45 PM
RaynaLea
RaynaLea  

You guys don't know how happy this makes me! Smile I haven't had a flare since I've found out so I'm hoping I too will be ok during the pregnancy! Smile

Thanks for getting back to me so fast!

Have any of your children been dx with fibro?

01/26/2011 06:23 AM
jmbrooks0819
jmbrooks0819  

I am also pregnant right now, 23 weeks. Sadly though, my experience has been very different from the other ladies it seems. I first realized that something was up (maybe pregnant?) when i randomly got a horrible flare up. And surprise, I was I pregnant.

My doctor said it is a 50/50 thing, you either feel better or you dont and you feel A LOT worse, which is my case. I have been in a flare since Sept and everyday seems to get worse. However, the flare started right away when I was pregnant so maybe (hopefully) your one of the lucky ones who gets to feel a lot better!

I did not have fibro with my last 2 pregnancies so I cant say what will happen when I deliver but I have read a lot that you have a really bad flare afterwards but eventually go back to normal.

I also have IBS, is that something you have to deal with? I have always had nausea and vomitting with my IBS flares and now I cant remember the last time I had a vomit free day! lol. I actually ended up losing almost 30 lbs in about 2 or 3 months because I was so sick and none of the anti-nausea meds helped. I am still having trouble with nausea and vomiting but as of 2 weeks ago, I hadnt lost any more weight. Going in today to get checked again and hopefully I have even gained a pound or two, like they keep telling me too!

Im not trying to scare you or make you anxious, every person reacts differently to every pregnancy. Since you have so far been feeling good, hopefully that doesnt change because like i said, I got bad before I found out that I was pregnant, and I found out when I was about 4-5 weeks so it was right away. Good luck! Hope all goes well. Keep me posted on how your doing!

Have they changed up your medications or have you stopped taking them altogether? Is this your first child?

01/26/2011 11:37 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Well, I've had two kids after being dxed with FM. My first one was lovely. No additional body pain other than the norm round ligimant pain and all that hip spreading parts. In fact I felt almost normal for two years after she was born. Then I got pregnant with my son. His pg was awful. More pain. More problems. And afterwards I was worse. He's 3 1/2 now and I'm still not out of it.

Now, neither one of those were to scare you or say that is what will happen to you. Just a simple example of how not only is everyone different, but every pregnancy is different for each individual child. I'm hoping that yours will still be great all the way through and you'll have a long period of remission!!! And CONGRATS!!!!

01/26/2011 11:41 AM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
Group Leader

Oh and to the second question about children being dxed with FM. My daughter who's 7 now has been dxed with JIA(arthritis) and hypermobility syndrome. Her pedi rheumy is watching her for pain syndromes. My 3 1/2 yo(who's autistic and is just now getting good verbal skills) will probably be going to see her pedi rheumy sometime this year because his complaints of knee pain have been on the increase. Now, neither have been dxed with FM. They are keeping an eye on Madison right now since FM loves to tag along with autoimmune disorders and I have several different pain syndromes including FM.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved