MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/17/2008 05:54 PM

Hot/cold flashes?

mzshotze

Ok,I've always had these,I can go from burning hot to freezing cold in .01 seconds,lol. Seriously,it's quite a pain and embarassing often,too. I have to sleep and dress in layers so I can add or remove layers as needed.Blush I was just wondering if this might be FMS? Does anyone else have these? I've had them since I was young,so don't say old age,lol.Laughing

11/17/2008 06:07 PM
Starr
Starr  

I've been having trouble regulating my body temperature for the last couple of months or so. I'm tempted to think it's FM-related, but I honestly don't know.

They say that we can be highly sensitized to temperatures, but I don't know if they mean our own, or not.

11/17/2008 06:57 PM
Celest
Celest  

Hey Mzshotze,

I do know that with HYPOthyroidism one is sensitive to cold and with HYPERthyroidism one is sensitive to heat? Maybe you should get your thyroid checked? Just a thought. Smile

11/17/2008 06:58 PM
Celest
Celest  

P.S.

I also had another thought...could it be menopause?

Or parimenopause?

11/17/2008 07:08 PM
Cori

I don't have hot and/or cold flashes unless I have the flu or a bad cold. I am just always freezing. My dad says it's because women are cold blooded. Wink I told him that I am mean grrrrr.. he said scary as a bunny. Smile Hay man I try!!

11/26/2008 10:01 AM
JanfromTN
JanfromTN  

I have found that right before a flare I freeze to death no matter how warm the house is. I can put on layers of clothes and it doesn't help..Then the next day or during the night the terrible pain will start.

11/26/2008 11:34 AM
amommy02
amommy02  

I'm 32 and have hot flashes all the time. My hormones and thyroid are both normal. Mine are caused by fibro. I can be shivering one minute and sweating the next. It drives me crazy!Silly

11/26/2008 12:36 PM
emma1980
emma1980  

JanfromTN,

That was like reading a post from myself!! I was starting to think i was imagining it! lol So glad i found this posts Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved