MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/02/2011 10:45 PM

Terrible pain in shoulders,

stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am having terrible pain tonight in my shoulders (torn rotator cups,plus arthritis in the shoulder around the socket, and then have pain in neck and shoulder areas from fibro, also pain in wrists, and hands~hands swelling.

I'm wondering if we are going to have a change in weather. I know our temperature dropped drastically from yesterday to today. Maybe that is the problem. I just took a pain pill, the highest dose of Vicoden and I had Vicoden ES around 8 - 9 pm.

Any advice with all of these areas hurting. Hubby is in bed and bathroom with tub is connected with our bedroom, so I can't really take a warm bath right now. He works long hours and I don't want to wake him up. Feeling pretty icky right now. Those funny posts helped some though. Laughter is the best medicine.

I'm hoping that the pain pill kicks in soon and will make me sleepy. It is so hard to sleep on my back because I am not a back sleeper, but I do start out that way. On occasion I wake up in pain laying on my side with my arm and shoulder under my pillow and it is pulling on the shoulder. I'm frustrated with this pain.

Thanks for listening.

Hugs~

ChristineSad

01/02/2011 10:50 PM
ouchee
ouchee  

Bummer..........I finally got into the bath Smile I feel bad for you not being able to take one. That really takes the edge of for me even if it only lasts for a little while.

I hope the pain pills kick in for you!!!!

Sending prayers your way.

Hang in there sweetie....Love and prayers Cool

01/02/2011 11:00 PM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

OH, man, not sure on this one. I think I would probably go take a nice warm bath anyhow. Wink Surely he'll understand. Maybe try rubbing lotion or even some icy hot or bengay on them? I don't know how you react to that type of stuff, but it may be worth a try. Hope you feel better soon, sweetie! Hugs & love. Wink

01/03/2011 05:00 AM
Kimbaskicks
Kimbaskicks  

Hope you are feeling better this morning! What helps me is to stretch.....slowly so that you concentrate on relaxing into it. If it's too bad to stretch, I hook up to the TENS unit first.

Let us know how you're doing today! {HUGS}

01/03/2011 06:41 AM
mindyrp
mindyrp  

Well, I have burrisitis in my shoulders and it is very difficult to lay on to sleep. I have a neck pillow, one made for the car, the c shaped neck pillow. And I put it over my shoulder and it lifts the weight up off the shoulder. Works great. Hope this helps.

Post edited by: mindyrp, at: 01/03/2011 06:41 AM

Post edited by: mindyrp, at: 01/03/2011 06:42 AM

01/03/2011 06:48 AM
mem9113

Cristine! so sorry for your pain, I have scoliosis in the base that connect my neck and back and that and my shoulders are hurting right now I believe its the cold weather thats causing the pain. I use a heating pad on my shoulders and it helps alot. I hope you get some rest my friendSmile

01/03/2011 07:33 AM
ouchee
ouchee  

Soooooooooooo........how goes it today Christine???? Any better???? I hope you are doing better this morning. Hang in there and talk to God. He'll ease your pain one way or the other. He's pretty good about taking your mind off of things when you need it the most. Just trust Him.

01/03/2011 07:00 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thank you all very much!! My shoulder sockets and down the arms are still hurting tonight and they did all day. I laid in bed all day and propped the arms up so they wouldn't hurt. The hands and wrists are better today. We do have an even colder spell coming through with plenty of snow. So, maybe I'll just stay in the bathtub all week.LOL

Thanks so much for taking the time for me and caring and listening to me. It means more than you could ever imagine.

Lots of love and soft gentle hugs~

Christine

01/03/2011 07:11 PM
bobbiejoe
bobbiejoe  

I have lot of pain in my shoulders and upper back, when i am able to be still for a wile i use heated jell packs . Nothing eases the pain better. try that and it doesent dry out my skin like water. Good luck and God bless.

01/03/2011 07:15 PM
bobbiejoe
bobbiejoe  

if you don't have a jell pack a heating pad or even take a towel wet it put in micro wave for a bout 1.5-2 min and put in a large zip lock that works great. hope it helps.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved