MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/02/2011 12:21 PM

The positive side of Fibro(page 4)

jmbrooks0819
jmbrooks0819  

I forgot a couple things (of course, lol):

- My kids have a very extensive vocabulary thanks to my fibro, because I always forget to "dumb things down" when I talk so that they can understand. When my daughter was 4, her aunt started talking to her in kid talk, and my daughter just looked at her like she was crazy and said, " Quit patronizing me!" LOL.

- I have become much much calmer since fibro. Stress always flares me up so I had to figure out how to not let things get to me and how to solve problems quickly and efficiently so that I had as little stress as possible. I was so high strung, type A prior to fibro, and now everyone says I'm the calmest person they know. It is a great feeling!

01/02/2011 12:31 PM
kdgonz
kdgonz  

Another positive thing......

I get to sort of revert back to childhood. Take naps when I need to ( I LOVE nap time). On my bad days I don't have to cook, clean, or perform any of my other "adult" responsibilities. I can lay on the couch and watch cartoons all day. LOL

-Kristen

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved