MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/20/2010 02:05 PM

New to This

inamazinggrace

Hi, I have just recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and am wondering if it is common to feel as if you have been "beaten up", especially in the morning? Some days I can not even bare to be touched, the slightest touch feels like a "punch" . I am often so tired that I have zero energy to do anything.

I really have very little idea if any of this is common. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and be blessed!

12/20/2010 06:28 PM
kdgonz
kdgonz  

I'm sorry to say that yes, those are very "normal" symptoms of fibro. Welcome to the group. Feel free to ask any questions, or cry or vent as you need to. We all know what you are going through. This is a very supportive group of people. I hope you like it here.

-Kristen

12/20/2010 06:36 PM
Nitalynn
Nitalynn  

Welcome and yep those are often repeated symptoms. I hope you are finding the care you need. It is very important to get you sleeping properly and they usually work on that first and will work more on pain control after some success with sleep. The reason is your body will not begin to heal itself until you are getting the proper level of sleep because that is when the body does its healing. Good luck. Hope to see more of you.

12/20/2010 09:35 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to our "family". We are a very friendly group and we are very supportive, understanding, and caring. We will always be here to help you in anyway we can. I am so glad you found us, but sorry for your diagnosis of fibro. May I ask what kind of doctor you are seeing and what meds they have you on? Sometimes it takes awhile for diagnosis, and finding the right doctor, you know that you mesh with and make sure the doc believes in fibro. Finding the right meds are important. I have recently found the drug for me and it makes a world of difference and it is not a narcotic. I like that, although I have two torn rotator cups (sp) and right now I am taking Vicoden for the pain in the shoulders.

All of the symptoms you mentioned are those that come with fibro. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Please visit us often. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Welcome gentle warm hugs~

Christine

12/21/2010 01:36 AM
faerie
faerie  

Hi Hon,

Welcome to the group. Make yourself at home. We are all here for you.

Gentle hugs.

Faerie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved