MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/22/2010 08:06 PM

Lost my wedding ring and started flipping out

ouchee
ouchee  

I lost my wedding ring and noticed it as I was typing one of these entries and started flipping out. Sad part is that I never loose it. I only take it off to put on lotion and this has never happened. I don't even remember ever taking it off or putting on the lotion. I did find it however and I'm sure my husband thinks I was over reacting. He looked for a second and then went back to the TV of course. I asked him to read that thing on fibro that someone posted and the papers are still sitting there. I don't think he even looked at them. Boy am I complaining or what. Sorry guys. Sometimes I get a little pissy but I'm over it now. I can entertain myself. I hate TV sometimes (most of the time). I would rather read but sometimes headaches prevent me from doing to much of that.Tongue

11/22/2010 08:28 PM
grammyinPA

Sometimes it's hard to get people to read the info on fibro. They either think it will just go away or they want a short verbal explanation. Ya' know, men typically cannot multi-task. TV was his priority tonight.

11/22/2010 08:39 PM
ouchee
ouchee  

Please don't get me wrong. He is a great support for me. The whole TV thing is a "man" thing. Not a fibro thing. Honestly, I'm glad he doesn't respond to me sometimes. It's probably best. I can't complain too much, he just gave me a little massage as he was watching a movie. Hee Hee..........I have my ways.Whistling

11/22/2010 09:06 PM
grammyinPA

My husband is very supportive and compassionate regarding my condition, too, but he can't do two things at once. lol

11/22/2010 10:17 PM
ouchee
ouchee  

lol. That is the story with most men. Have a wonderful night and thanks for all of your help.

11/23/2010 03:05 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Ouchee, I am glad you found your wedding ring. Like you, I seldom take mine off (only when I am cleaning or mixing food) but when I do, I feel undressed and worry until it is back where it belongs.

I am sorry your hubby isn t as concerned (losing your ring and Fibro, in general)but if he is like mine, he thinks anything wrong with me can be ""fixed"" as it has been in the past.

I have a complete large manila envelope readily available for anyone interested in Fibro and how it affects us to read at will but my hubby has never wanted to read it either. Sad

I just do what I can, when I can and suffer thru the rest ~~~

Don t worry re: getting pissy ~~~ That is what we are here for ~~~ so you can rant, vent or just plain complain when he ""isn t interested"" ~~~

Marilyn

11/23/2010 04:11 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

So glad that you found your ring! I know you must have been beside yourself. Doesn't fibro fog suck?!

11/23/2010 11:32 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

So glad you found your wedding ring. I would have been flipping out too. My hubby bought me an extremely small diamond when we got married because that is all we could afford. Last year on the cruise he bought me a diamond ring and I couldn't find it and I was a mess. Jim was pretty upset with me, but we finally found it. Whew!!! I know where you are coming from.

Hugs~

Christine

11/24/2010 12:45 AM
ouchee
ouchee  

Awww you guys are wonderful. Thanks for all of your words of encouragement. It's nice just to be heard and even better when someone understands.Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved