MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/07/2010 09:13 PM

Painful elbows & knees

mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

Hello All!

I wonder if any of you suffer with severe inner elbow and inner knee pain when your in a flare?

I also have MS, but I believe that this specific issue is fibro related. I get near golf ball size lumps in the inner elbows and knees. Can anyone else relate?? What do you do to loosen the muscle??

Hope everyone is having a good evening. Wink

Post edited by: mvgallegos, at: 11/07/2010 10:09 PM

Post edited by: mvgallegos, at: 11/07/2010 10:10 PM

11/07/2010 10:09 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Wow, I haven't heard of that before! It *might* be myofascial pain, but I'm not sure.

My knees and elbows only hurt when I've fallen.

11/07/2010 10:12 PM
mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

That's interesting, I assumed it was common for other fibro folks. It effects me often, I will have to research myofascial pain.

11/07/2010 10:27 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Vivian! I'm sooo tired so gonna be quick wanted to answer you. I also get those pains ALOT, have for awhile. Not as much in my legs obviously Wink The bend of my elbows is hideous, the first time it happened was my arms and I thought maybe being on my phone too much or my blood being drawn or I slept wrong it was weird then my legs did the same thing. This issue began and I never asked about it. I'm seeing a dr tomorrow and my neuro in 3 weeks or a month I'll ask unless you are going sooner. Hugs Smile

11/07/2010 10:39 PM
debhurts
debhurts  

hi. yes it seems to always hurt there but worse in a flare they are aching now so you are not alone Love Debi

11/07/2010 10:51 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Debi did you notice she said behind the knees and the crook of the elbow not the knees and elbows, I only ask because I've never heard anyone complain of this so I even had to reread it myself. Hugs Wink

11/07/2010 11:13 PM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

That is totally different but it's dimly ringing a bell. It seems to me I read about someone with fibro who had lumps inside their elbows and knees but I don't remember where I read it.

But it the muscles are tight there it could very well be myofascia...I know that presents as lumps under the skin... Does anyone know if there are lymph glands in those places? I know they're in the neck, armpits & groin...I sure hope they're not in the knees or elbows. Anyway, you should talk to your doc sweetie.

11/11/2010 08:32 AM
mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

I certainly will, I see him again probably sometime next week. I just just assumed it was the fibro causing the issues, but again, it's not the knees and elbows themselves, it is the inner's of the two. Raynedae, I did look up myofascia and it sure does resemble what I'm also deal with.

Hope everyone is having a good day, I've been so ill teh last few days, but still truckin' by.

11/15/2013 12:06 PM
Medas

Hi

This is the first time I am into anything like this. Yes, I came to check on net, anything on 'inside of elbow n bk of knees pain/ discomfort / weakness', coz that's exactly what I'm feeling since dis eve. That's how I ended up being here Smile Ermm . I have no idea why n how this is or started..... (!) (?) n wht to do.

Best wishes.

Post edited by: Medas, at: 11/15/2013 12:09 PM

Post edited by: Medas, at: 11/15/2013 12:10 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved