MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/29/2008 08:11 PM

does your monthly friend make u worse

Cori

I am having the visit from my monthly friend. Started yesterday and I was fine besides cramps. In fact I had a pretty good day. then today I was doing alright. Worked all day, ran to walmart, took the kids to the haunted house, cooked dinner and cleaned up the kitchen a little. Nooowww I am hurting. I don't know if it's from my period because it doesn't seem that I did that much to be in so much pain. But now that I type it out it kind of looks like allot of stuff. hmmmm... does anyone else feel worse during their time of the month? Dizzy

10/29/2008 08:13 PM
Janilee

My time of the month went away back in 2002. It's nice not to have them visits anymore.

10/29/2008 08:15 PM
Starr
Starr  

I'm with Jan. Sorry, Cori.

10/29/2008 08:31 PM
Cori

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh it is getting worse and worse! Feels like my knee caps are going to explode. Everything is screaming in pain, what in the world did I do!!! Angry meds are not working, I took it at 7:30 and it's not 8:30 it should be working by now but instead it's just getting worse. Sad I'm not going to cry, not going to cry breathe and be calm. Stupid flares!! I hurt all of the time, all of the stinkin time and at times LIKE NOW it flares up really bad. I hope it lets up to get some sleep and for work tomorrow. I have almost made it the whole month without calling in sick. I only went home sick early one day and that was because my boss made me when I had that horrible cold. I am so close to the end of the month, plus it is my Friday tomorrow so that would look even worse. Sad I don't like Fibromyalgia

10/29/2008 08:38 PM
Starr
Starr  

Breathe, calm, hot bath, heating pad, sweet dreams.

10/30/2008 05:35 AM
Barbkubacki

I have major problems with my knees. I have osteoarthritis and baker's cysts, and liagment problems and within 5 years my Rhuemy said they will be replacing my left knee then we will talk about my right. I have to wear braces, use a cane, and have a red scooter. It flies my scooter after using Walmart, Target and shaws. The scooter by putt putt putt. Walking causes so much pain for me.

Barbara

10/30/2008 05:38 AM
Barbkubacki

I stopped my friend from coming over about two years ago. I was 45 when it went bye, bye. I am so happy about that.

10/30/2008 05:55 AM
KristieMarieL

I'm not sure if mine actually does get worse or if I'm such a complete b!tch that I make it worse. lol

10/30/2008 06:41 AM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

I never got along with that friend, so I cut out that friendship in 97.Wink

10/30/2008 08:09 AM
LoubyLou2
LoubyLou2  

Hi Cori!

I have found that our little friend does make my fibro a lot worse, and the cramps I used to get are twice as bad as they used to be. I get a hell of a lot more tired and my moods suffer too.

Just over a month ago I had the contraceptive depot (injection which last three months) I no longer see my monthly friend but still get some of the symptoms but they're not half as bad as they used to be.

I find as with all the pains that a hot bath is the way to go and try not to do too much (easier said than done I know!)

Take care!

Gentle Hugs Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved