MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/29/2008 02:55 PM

Does anyone have a Rash?

shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I would like to know if any body else have a rash? I got out of the shower this morning and I have a rash, that looks like poisen Ivy. But it, on my back, shoulders, tummy, and under my BOOB's and it itches. Is this part of Fibro to that I know nothing about or could it be a reaction to one of my meds. I would think that if I had a reaction to one of my meds it would have shown up before Now? I've been on these meds. for a full month. Please let me know and if this part of Fibro, Please tell what else to expect so I'll be ready when it does happen. Thank You so Very Much. God Bless You All.

10/29/2008 03:12 PM
Cori

I have never gotten a rash like that before. i would contact your doc. I got one on my arms and doc said it was inflamation. Sounds like an allergic reaction of some type, you should call your doc. do you have a fever or any other symptoms?

10/29/2008 03:13 PM
arretta
arretta  

that sounds like it may be a reaction to the meds. I would suggest putting in a call to the doc or their nurse to see if they think you should come in or what. At least then they can let you know to keep on the medicines or not.

10/29/2008 04:27 PM
Janilee

shortstuff, I woke up in August with two different kinds of rashes all over my body. One looked like I got into something outside and the other was little red dots under my skin. I went to the Dr and he couldn't figure out what it was so he gave me some medicine and it cleared one of them up. Then in Sept after going on Vacation, I came home with two more different rashes. One we thought was ringworm and the other was the same kind of red dot rash but was raised. So I went to a dermatologist. Found out I have what they call Nummular dermatitis ( no known cause or cure) and Schambergs puppura again no known cause or cure. Neither of them are itchy but I did notice that my skin is different texture. No longer smooth where I have the rashes. If I was you, I'd go to the Dr and have it checked out just to be safe.

I go back to the Dr on Thursday. Different one this time. I'm going to see what this one thinks of the rashes especially the one that just pops out anywhere it pleases. That's the one that looks like ringworm. Right now it's on my torso and boobies. It' starting to clear but I noticed more red marks on my thighs and legs.

10/29/2008 04:52 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi shortstuff,

I can t imagine your rash would be Fibro-related. I have not heard of anyone else having it due to Fibro.

I also wouldn t think it would be your meds if you ve been taking them for a full month already.

Like others above said, I would call my dr. office and see what they think.

10/29/2008 05:03 PM
Janilee

Hey Auntie Hello there. Got Snow? Can you imagine what our winter is going to be like if the snow flew this early?

Put on your papuea. ( sorry I don't have the accents in there but it's pronounced pa pu chee. Slovak for slippers) My hands and fingers are really bad already. Last week my right shoulder acted up but it's almost gone now.

Hope you are having a nice day in a warm house.

10/30/2008 06:57 AM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Janilee, Thank you for the advice about my rash. I have called the doctor and now I'm waiting for her to call me back.Hope You have a good day. Be safe and God Bless. Gaye

10/30/2008 07:02 AM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Cori, No I don't have a fever. I am tired, my eye lids are swollen. But the rash is red. It's on my torso, under my boobies and all over my back, and up the back of my neck. I have called my doctor, now I just wait for her to call me back. Thank You for trying to help me. Take Care and God Bless you.

10/30/2008 08:02 AM
LoubyLou2
LoubyLou2  

Hi ShortStuff!

I have a rash on my legs like that this morning too. I haven't noticed it anywhere else. It does itch too.

Let me know how you get on. I may have to pay my doctor a visit if it doesn't go down

Take care!

Louby Lou x

10/30/2008 10:34 AM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

LoubyLou2, I have called my doctor but she hasn't called me back. As soon as I know what she wants to do I will let you know. Take Care and May God Bless You. Thanks!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved