MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/20/2010 12:35 PM

Do you drop things?

Nitalynn
Nitalynn  

It's turning out to be one of THOSE days. It was ok until I decided to make a loaf of honey oat bread. I like to grind some oats to put in with the flour because I think it makes a softer bread. First I dropped the blender getting it out of the cabinet. Next I dropped a bowl of oats I was going to put in the blender all over the kitchen floor. At least they went yet ground though! I immediately swept those up but I might as well have waited because afterward I decided to grind a few walnuts to put in it and, you got it, I dropped those too and they were ground! I'm afraid to go back in the kitchen now!

The thing that really frustrates me is if I try to tell the Dr about stuff like this they just seem to disregard it. Something isn't right here but the tests are fine so....so what? I don't know how to make them understand. I feel like I'm just lucky it hasn't been a pot of hot food or none of the glass from the glasses and such has cut me or something but I'm really starting to get scared something bad will happen.

10/20/2010 01:43 PM
happycampc

Nitalynn, I know what you mean, the doctors just seems to think that it goes along with the territory of fibro sufferers. I have had spasms in my hand before where I spill things and one time when I was making jello it happened and splashed very hot water in my face. Just crazy I tell you, I didn't find out that things like spasms, hair loss, Ibs are symptoms that are all tied to fibro. The doctor never told me, just referred me to a book to read. I think the doctors should take things like this serious.

10/20/2010 02:04 PM
debbie1955
debbie1955  

A lot of stuff like dropping things, hair loss, shaking, walking into walls, and don't forget those doorways that move over just so you can run into them. They just hear it from so many people that they forget that it is new to us. I guess I'll keep mentioning anything new and if she thinks something is odd, she will stop me and say, hey we'd better check that out. Until then I guess it is our new life.

10/20/2010 03:48 PM
Nitalynn
Nitalynn  

Never mind, it's in the cough syrup! I recently discovered, when I ran out of some of my SSRI medication that I was suffering symptoms of serotonin syndrome. I was doing so much better until the last few days. I had a pretty bad cold last week but had got over all of it but the cough so I picked up some Robitussin last Sunday. I have started to develop symptoms again and was getting all upset. After the fiasco in the kitchen this afternoon I started to wonder if serotonin syndrome could cause permanent damage and decided to do some more research on it and low and behold the second article I pull up mentions that dextorma...whatever you call it can cause it also. They are actually doing some studies of using it to treat fibromyalgia down at (I think it was) the University of Florida! I really wasn't taking all that much of it, just at bedtime and if I remembered, in the mornings. I wonder if I should talk to the doctor about getting me off all these SSRI's? Maybe I've become overly sensitive to them or something.

10/20/2010 03:50 PM
grammyinPA

I drop things frequently! I recently dropped a large plastic container of couscous all over my tile kitchen floor. It was like ice skating on little balls of grain trying to clean it up. I am my own entertainment!

Connie

10/20/2010 11:22 PM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yep! dishes, food, just about anything. I drop my cup so often that I finally had to get one with a spill proof lid so I could stop mopping all the time. I don't think the docs take serious enough either, to them it's just another symptom.

10/21/2010 05:38 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

you know the worst thing for my is when my back is in a flair it seems everything is hitting the ground..then its desicion time so what the plate is in the floor do I really want to pick it up,lol..

I use sharp knives to open everything and sadly I drop them alot have missed my foot so many times..

maybe we should put sticky on our hands or velcro,lol

10/23/2010 09:21 AM
Nitalynn
Nitalynn  

You know Broken I have dropped knives on my feet many times but they always seem to land handle first, thank God! I think maybe they are aware of people like us and have the great good sense to make sure most of the weight is in the handle so they flip if you drop them point down.

10/23/2010 01:16 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

Although many of us seem to experience it, I would discuss it with your doctor. Good for you for doing the research too! We all have to educate ourselves the best we can!

10/23/2010 06:06 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

While all the answers here were interesting this one really struck me funny;

I am my own entertainment!

Thank you GrammyinPA I have been down with a cold, (why do colds hurt so much more now than when we were kids?) and that throw away comment of yours amused me greatly-I too do the same thing and amuse myself constantly, walking into walls, tripping on rocks, getting run over by the cat, dripping paint, spilling everything,

All the good china has been put away, all of grandma's china is packed away, the Polish pottery, because it is so heavy, everything pretty, I am down to plastic bottles and the dishes that dont break that can be frozen and microwaved and is light as a feather.....

sigh

maybe someday the pretties can come out of hidingSmile

hugs

nattySmile

Post edited by: Natalia5150, at: 10/23/2010 06:09 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved