MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/18/2010 04:16 PM

Weak, wobbly knees & legs

shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm having a few problems with my legs. Over the past week or so, my knees especially, but also both legs, feel pretty weak & my knees feel really wobbly, so much that you can see my knees shaking & you can tell with every step. I really didn't think too much about it til I was at Wal-Mart this afternoon by myself & I was holding onto the cart for dear life for fear of falling. I called my pdoc & told the nurse that I didn't know if it was significant or not, but that I was having these problems, & she said that I need to be seen asap. Kinda has me a little worried after the spell I went through last winter. I am feeling myself go down a little more every day. I've felt so good the past month, I just don't want it to end!!! My eyes have also started getting really bad, especially my right eye. I went to get my drivers liscense, and the lady told me that my eyes were both bad, especially my left one. I had an eye exam about 6 months ago & Dr said I needed glasses, but it wasn't really that bad. Any suggestions?

10/18/2010 04:25 PM
mammy
mammy  
VIP Member

My legs are pretty bad too, mostly pain and worse yet, weak. I have to use a cane otherwise they would just stop working and I would be falling all over the place. I wish I had a clear answer for you but I can't get a definite one right now, I'm hoping to get one soon and when I do, I'll be sure to post about it. I'm really sorry that you feel you're getting worse, I know how frustrating it is. As far as your eyes, do you think it could be from a med? Keep us posted on how you're doing and I'll keep you in my prayers.

10/18/2010 04:29 PM
grammyinPA

My legs being achy, painful and weak were my first symptoms. I really can't walk too far or for too long. Bummer!

The Other Connie

10/18/2010 04:37 PM
mandr2220
mandr2220Posts: 279

Must be something in the air....My legs have really been hurting too. Just achey and tough to climb the stairs. Been trying to figure it out. Maybe change in weather? The shower is my best friend these days. Sorry you are feeling so bad shamarie! I know you have been feeling pretty good lately. Heck..... sorry for everyone that has any pain!

10/18/2010 04:37 PM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I would say maybe on the meds, but I've been on the same meds for almost a year. Maybe just old age. The knee thing is kinda wierd, though. I've been doing so much better, went to the state fair, ya, I got tired, but really no biggie, been able to play with my kids again, a godsend! Then all of a sudden, here we go again. Positive.....positive.....positive! Wink

10/18/2010 05:37 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry you are having such a tough time right now. Sad Were you pushing yourself too much when you were feeling a little better or even maybe all the stress of the move sent you into a massive intense flare. Try and rest when possible, I'm sure it's not simple with 5 kiddos but hopefully you can find some you time. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need to go out to the store try and use the scooters if you aren't feeling stable enough. I hope you begin finding some relief soon my friend. Huge Hugs, Stacey Wink

10/18/2010 07:59 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

shamarie~

I'm sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your legs and your eyes as well. I have a lot of pain with my legs and it really almost makes it impossible for me to walk, but I have a couple of different problems. I have spinal stenosis which causes a lot of back and leg pain, and I also have PAD, actually have a lot of claudication too. Oh, I have neuropathy too, but your leg pain does not sound like the kind of pain I have. When I used to be able to walk a little more, my legs would start shaking when it got to be too much, but I no longer push it to that extent on doc's orders.

Good luck with finding the cause of all of this and be sure to keep us posted.

Hugs~

Christine

10/19/2010 04:19 AM
shamarie6
shamarie6  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

My legs haven't really been hurting, until last night, just really weak & shaky, & it's like I have to tell myself at times, 'Ok, legs, take a friggin step!'. Stacey, you very well could be right. I have deffinately been pushing myself very hard. I've just felt soo good, ya know? Stupid me! LOL. W00t I laid in my bed with one heating pad over my knees & one on my belly cuz I started cramping again, lovely ic rears it's ugly head.

Thanks, all who responded. Hope everyone is doing well this morning. Love each & everyone of you!!!

10/19/2010 04:39 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Shamarie,

Sorry to read that your legs are giving you problems ~~~ Sad

I, too, have problems once in awhile . My legs will feel like shivering Jell-O if I am walking on uneven ground (like a fairgrounds or park area). Then, after, they are painful and the best thing I can do is lie on the couch with an afghan wrapped around them until I get so warm I have to uncover them.

I always just think ""this is another Fibro problem and this, too, shall pass"" ~~~

Marilyn

03/04/2013 11:44 AM
schmuppy1

You may be having the same problem I was - magnesium depletion in the bones. Fortunately, all you have to do is take magnesium pills for a few days and the weakness should go away. If you drink a lot of soda, eat a lot of junk food/sugar, or are on certain medications, your stored-up magnesium gets leached out of your bones because you're not getting enough in your food. Magnesium rich foods are brown rice, whole grains, and certain vegetables.

I now take around 120% of the recommended daily dose of magnesium (as magnesium oxide) and am feeling a huge amount better.

Please try it.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved