MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/14/2010 08:27 AM

Fibro feet hurt, any suggestions?

grammyinPA

I've been flaring for a couple of weeks. Happens with weather changes, of course. But my feet are really bothersome right now. They burn, ache and just plain hurt!

Connie

10/14/2010 08:31 AM
mindyrp
mindyrp  

epsom salt soaks. hot water. elevate or lift up feet. hope you feel better.

10/14/2010 10:19 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Connie, Bless You- heart goes out to you! Also have much pain in feet. Have you a foot spa? Have put a foot spa on my christmas list as feel for sure it would help. Reflexology has helped me in the past yet cannot have it regularly as cannot afford to. Find cold water can sometimes help as well as hot water especially if your feet are burning- icy cold water- works for me. Foot massager rollers are good. Sure hope your flare eases up soon along with your feet pains.

Love and hugs, ClaritaSmile

10/14/2010 10:21 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

Does it feel like fire ants under your skin? A creepy crawly burning/electrical/stinging feeling? It could be neuropathy. Lyrica made mine worse but Neurontin controls it almost completely.

If it's not the stingy pain, Mindy's got the right idea. Soak them, rub a nice lotion into them and then lay down and elevate them. I prop a pillow against the arm of the couch and hang my feet over the arm. It helps. So do nice thick socks.

10/14/2010 10:53 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I don't know if it's already been suggested but another quick and simple trick is rolling them on water bottles filled with either cold or hot water whatever you feel will help at the moment. People have said it works wonders but the temp is up to the situation. Best of luck! Thinking of you. Hugs Wink

10/14/2010 12:06 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

I always suggest the tennis ball under your arch but being a lover of heat I like the ater bottle idea..also soak your feet in ebsion salt

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved