MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/26/2008 06:32 AM

so embarassed, I can't do anything(page 4)

mcbeth
mcbeth  

Jeerie I so agree with you. My hands just don't know how to do cursive, funny I can print though. Well at least so far I can.

I'll look for the Dr Grip pens at Wal-Mart. thanks Cornbread & Raynedae

10/26/2008 07:07 AM
Jeerie
Jeerie  

I can do cursive still at times but it's with lots of breaks. I think at this point my handwriting has about 5 different forms! And I can print on my worst days, but it's not the Catholic School handwriting I once had!!!

10/26/2008 08:32 AM
faieriemama
faieriemama  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I do a strange combination of cursive and printing. My hands don't seem to remember how to do some of the letters in cursive so I just print those. Tongue

10/26/2008 11:07 AM
raynedae
raynedae  
VIP Member

I used to be the best speller I knew. That's gone. I type for a living and have most of my adult life so I'm used to being accurate. I'm not anymore. If it isn't my fingers forgetting the way, then it's my brain spelling things phonetically instead of properly.

I found a grocery list in a book I hadn't looked at in 10 years or so...the handwriting was completely different from how I write now. I used to press really hard (which is why I bought the Dr. Grip to begin with) and my handwriting was very bold and angular. Now I press lightly and my handwriting has gotten all spidery.

10/26/2008 12:23 PM
Kestral
Kestral  

My handwriting changes day-to-day, depending on how I'm feeling. Mine's also a weird mix of cursive and printing. And, what makes it even more confusing, is I learned Russian a few years ago. So, every now and then, some Cyrillic letters make their way in. Definitely makes leaving notes for my husband interesting. I've gotten phone calls a few times, asking what I hell I had written. And, my short-term memory is so bad, I can't remember many times!

Typing? I always blame the keyboard, saying that the wrong keys jump up under my fingers. That seems to work for me, and tends to give people a laugh. Wink

10/28/2008 09:54 AM
lisanaylor2007
lisanaylor2007  
I'm an Advocate

I get the same thing here. Boy that really sounds familiar. Don't be hard on yourself. Those that don't understand the disorder are hard enough on us. I have people look at me funny when I park in a handicap spot. I think that may be the hardest thing. Is knowing that you can no longer park on the north 40 at the mall or anywhere else.

i hate it when I am standing trying to do dishes and everyone starts to come in the kitchen trying to help. I know that they all have good intentions however I don't have a big kitchen. I keep thinking "as long as I can do it I will" because in the last year I have went downhill really quick. There is so much I miss doing. I am still learning how to ask for help or to say go ahead and do it with out me asking. I will always have a hard time asking for help with everyday things.

jenn36 wrote:

Hi Cori,

Please don'tbe so hard on yourself. I know how you feel. My husband will find me slumped at the kitchen sink, sweat pouring down my face from the pain. And he'll say " why didn't you tellme and I will do the dishes". It stinks he works 50+ hours and I can't work at all.

My husband and daughter are always telling me to stop and rest. There is alot of things I can no longer do. And it pisses me off. But DO NOT LET FIBRO DEFINE YOU.

Hugs,

Jenn

Post edited by: lisanaylor2007, at: 10/28/2008 10:13

10/28/2008 10:33 AM
homesickgranny
homesickgranny  

My SO does the dishes, he got tired of me breaking them.. We also use paper plates a lot..I have a special mug type glass that I use because it has a handle that I can hold better. My DIL got me the Swiffer set to use instead of the old heavy mop . I also use the Swiffer handled dusting thingy for the furniture. No I'm not a Swiffer sales person but GOSH these things have so made my cleaning easier...... My So also does the shower and tub for me

He is an absolute pain in the butt sometimes but he does ( NOW_ understand that there are just some things that I cannot do well anymore so I am sending him a gentle hug

10/28/2008 11:29 AM
lisanaylor2007
lisanaylor2007  
I'm an Advocate

I have went to the extreme. I bought a front load washer and dryer that sit up a little bit so that i don't have to bend over to do laundrey. I have my daughter take out the trash she hates it but she does it. i have her feed and water the dog. She and my boyfriend do alot. I used to do most of the cooking now I do about half.The kids always ask who cooked. If I can cook the whole meal they eat like little pigs otherwise they some times nit pick. You have to listen to your body. I don't always do that. I usually am the one fighting with everything in me to keep going. and paper plates were the best invention ever. I use those on small dinner nights. On bigger meals I use the real thing.

Post edited by: lisanaylor2007, at: 10/28/2008 11:30

10/28/2008 11:32 AM
Jeerie
Jeerie  

My dishwasher is now one of my best friends!! I might have to bend over to load and unload it, but it sure takes a lot less time than standing at the sink doing all the dishes!

10/28/2008 11:47 AM
Cori

I am so tired today. i went to bed early and now I am more tired. I am having a hard time working and keeping my mind focused. Laughing as usual. Starting to hurt allot too.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved