MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/29/2007 08:35 PM

Does Anyone Else get the shakes real bad?

ggirl
ggirl  

I get the shakes very bad. Sometimes I even start knocking things over. I hate the feeling also. It feels like I'm anxious about something but it comes on for no known reason. I also have muscles jerking but that's a little different from the shakey hands. My hubby asks me lots of times why my hands are shaking so bad. Do you think its from the FM?Sad

11/29/2007 09:04 PM
HAMPTON7026
HAMPTON7026  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have had shaky hands for years. I had it before fibro dr put me on klonopin for it. He said it was anxiety related. I get to the point where i have trouble writing or even hitting the right keys on the keyboard. Don't know if its related to fibro but I have it too. Its very frustrating.

12/01/2007 08:53 PM
ellie1

Hi ladies! I get the tremors ALL the time, especially if I have just completed a small task. I did not have them before the Fibro, so yes, I DO believe this is a symptom of this illness.How fortunate... I absolutely love to do cross-stich for gifts Sad thank you for bringing this up. No one else ever even suggested why I had all of a sudden developed these shakes. For some reason, sitting down and drinking a cold glass of water helps me.

12/01/2007 10:50 PM
pillpoper

ELLIE; YOU MIGHT ASK YOUR DOC TO PUT YOU ON NEURONTIN FOR PAIN AND YOUR NURVES. I'M DIABETIC TOO AND WHEN MY SUGAR GETS LOW, I SHAKE UNCONTROLABLY. IT ALSO HAPPENS WHEN I DON'T EAT ANYTHING.

12/01/2007 11:27 PM
Aunt Rinn
Aunt Rinn  

I do get the shakes from time to time. They will come on all of a sudden, my hands won't stay still, and I can feel the muscles in my legs shaking on the inside. I'm not sure why...lack of sleep causing me to be tired and shaky, Fibro, too much or too little of something (like caffeine), or medication.

In either of those possible reasons, I'm glass as well that you experience this shakiness. It's really hard to type or write when your hands are shaking like a leaf, might as well say forget it to the dear old Mr. Pen or Mrs. Pencil!

12/02/2007 04:53 AM
pillpoper

I UNDERSTAND. MY HANDS HURT WHEN I HAVE TO RAISE THEM UP AND TYPE ANYTHING. DURING A FLAIR I FEEL IT THE MOST THANKS FOR THE THOUGHTS HUGS AND MORE, PILLPOPPER

12/02/2007 04:56 AM
ggirl
ggirl  

Mine seems to be more when I'm tired too. My husband has diabetes so I've had him check my blood sugar level when I had the shakes and it was fine so that didn't explain it. That's why I thought maybe there was a connection to FM. My dad would get the shakes, eat a candy bar and then be fine. That doesn't work for me. Never have figured it out.

12/02/2007 07:39 AM
ellie1

Hi Pillpoper, Thank you SO much for the advice, but I already AM on Nuerontin! I take 1200 mg a day, and we don't want to go up..when we did, we noticed no difference. It seems I get the shakes, in my legs and my hands, really bad, when I am in a flare. Plus, I probably don't eat enough right now, because they have me on the Fentanyl Patch for the pain and I have NO appetite at all, so I don't eat much. So, I bet low blood sugar and too much activity if I am in a flare are what is causing the shakes..HOW are you all feeling today???

12/02/2007 12:22 PM
pillpoper

IF I WERE ONE OF THE 7 DWARFS, I'D INTRODUCE MYSELF AS BEING "SLEEPY". BEEN GETTIN UP JUST LONG ENOUGH TO CHECK MY MESSAGES AND A POST HERE AND THERE. IT'S A COMBO: FM AND RAIN. OH, ADD THAT IT'S SUN TOO AND THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS ARE PLAYIN!!! LOVE TO WATCH MY BOYS! HUGS AND MORE, PILLPOPPER

12/02/2007 01:09 PM
ellie1

I have also been in bed most all of the day....depressed, the day is cold..BRRR...and rainy..I know, what a fun combo. Plus, now I am paying for my little ride on my mare yesterday... I am so down because I just cannot stand to see how my illness is affecting my sweetie, it's tearing him up and I just feel so guilty. Enjoy your football game, girl! Hugs and love!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved