MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/05/2010 09:30 PM

Pelvic and Bladder Pain Leg Fatigue and Weakness

nkier

I am wondering if there are any individuals with pelvic/bladder pain and leg fatigue/weakness. I do have a bladder and pelvic floor disease. I can't find any mention of leg fatigue/weakness with these diseases/conditions. Four of my doctors say I don't have Fibro even though I have not been evaluated. I don't have pain anywhere else. These doctors believe the terrible fatigue/weakness is from my bladder and pelvic floor disease. Many individuals say it sure sounds like Fibro.I'm extremely frustrated and would love to hear if there is anyone else out there with pelvic pain and fibromyalgia. ~Nickie

Post edited by: nkier, at: 10/05/2010 09:34 PM

10/05/2010 09:43 PM
DeeDee48
DeeDee48  

Hi, I have a booklet that came from my rheumy and it says irritable bladder is a symtom of fibro. It lists all the things one can have with fibro irritable bowel is also on the list. I have terrible bladder and pelvic pain and have had a hysterectomy, and sometimes it feels like period cramps. It comes and goes. Also, onthe list is restless leg syndrome. I'm not a doctor but this was an official if I can call it that on fibro printed by a drug company I believe. It was very helpful to me. Take care, deedee

10/05/2010 09:54 PM
nkier

That is the first I have seen it in writing. Does it have a website on it? Maybe I can print it out and take it to my doctor. I am tired of them ignoring my fatigue/weakness in my legs. I have had all the tests and an MRI to make sure it is not coming from my spine or Vit D deficiency. I have had a Neuro workup. It has to be tiring to the body to have pain and spasms in the pelvis for 2 yrs and 9 mos. Thank you for this encouragement and now I am hoping to get documentation to support a Fibro diagnosis to be added to my diagnoses. I am severely debilited and I'm on SSDI. Thanks!!!! ~Nickie

10/05/2010 10:39 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have that along with the symptoms of my other conditions, I don't really know what to link it to because it goes with them all so for sake of this conversation we will say Fibro. If your drs won't dx Fibro it could be because possibly you don't meet enough of the other criteria? You can have what you have without having Fibro too it doesn't have to be intertwined. It just happens to be for some. You should be happy you don't have Fibro. I'm a little confused. Dizzy You have a dx from where the pain is and ssdi, why do you want a dx of Fibro? Hugs

10/05/2010 10:46 PM
DeeDee48
DeeDee48  

Hi, the booklet is by Healthmonitor and is called Guide to Living Well with Fibromyalgia. It's info is Health Monitor Network, 650 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652, Phone 201-391-1911. Two experts on fibro Daniel J. Wallace, MD, FACP, FACR who was the former chief of Rheumatology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in LA CAlifornia and Rae Marie Gleason excutive director of the National Fibromyalgia Association a nonprofit organization dedicated to addressing and decreasing the burden of fibromyalgia through education, research, and patient advocacy, (Based in Orange County, CA) Oh the email for this health monitor is guides@healthmonitor.com. Oh and my rheumy also told me there is now a textbook on fibro for med students. Hope this helps. If you can't get it let me know and maybe I can get you a copy. My rheumy does not have anymore because i asked at my last appointment. It was very helpful for me. Take care and how did you get ssdi. I am going for teacher retirement disability and can't get ssdi because cali teachers don't pay into it. Hope this helps. gentle hugs. DeeDeE

10/06/2010 06:37 AM
Lynnette1212
Lynnette1212  

Hi,

I do have pelvic/bladder pain and issues...I had pelvic congestion syndrome and had to have a hysterectomy, but continue to have the pain...I also, have an irritable bladder and reoccuring UTIs, for 4 years now. I also had to have my bladder/rectum pulled up...due to lack of great muscle support. Then, my posterior part of the surgery failed. Needless to say, I have many issues down there. They said some of it could be related to the fibro and some related to the lupus.

10/06/2010 06:41 AM
grammyinPA

Before I was officially dx with fibro, my first symptom was weak, achy and tired legs. That is how this illness first "presented". That was the only issue I had for several years and then the fibro slowly affected all areas. I also have bladder/urethral issues. It has been surprising to me how many things are fibro related.

Connie

10/06/2010 08:17 AM
nkier

Thanks. That is tons of info. I have SSDI from IC/PFD. I just got it within the last month. These diseases are enough to whip some but and I am looking for answers on my leg fatigue and what is causing it just in case other readers are confused. I will. Let you know if I have a problem. This is the first I can find to answer my question. You have been great. ~Nickie

10/06/2010 08:24 AM
nkier

My gracious!!!! You have been through tons. I'm sorry you have been through so much and I wish you the best future. Your post brings me to tears and you will be in my prayers. ~Nickie Smile

10/06/2010 08:37 AM
nkier

My first indication is I felt as if I were 600 lbs while I tried to walk. This is not a symptom of my bladder disease and it is being ignored. The doctors sometimes don't understand how just knowing why allows us to come to terms with the symptom! Nobody wants Fibro but I do want to know what is wrong with my legs. Your post settles my mind a lot!!!! ~Nickie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved