MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/01/2010 01:19 PM

I'm getting a brain MRI

mem6244

Finally, my doc's office scheduled an MRI of my brain for next Tuesday and then they will go from there to see if MS might be a possibility. As far as the fibro goes, I'm still hurting quite a bit but it seems to be less intense with the Lyrica. The headaches are mostly gone which is awesomeSmile. The tingling and swelling in my arms and legs, hands and feet has been my biggest issue lately. And I'm not very happy with my increased appetite because I'm gaining weight and still don't have the energy to burn it off. I hope that gets better or I'll have a whole new set of problems with being overweightErmm . Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Julie

10/01/2010 01:54 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Good luck! Most drs like to rule that out so don't be too concerned. All of the symptoms of Fibro are the basic symptoms of MS so it mimics it just like it mimics many other diseases which is why they like to rule everything out and just get it out of the way. Tingling and numbness is a symptom of Fibro as well. Keep us updated. Hugs Wink

10/01/2010 07:59 PM
stillhopeful
stillhopeful  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Wishing you the best on your MRI. I will pray for you. We are all great prayer warriors and I will pray that your results will be negative.

Hugs~

Christine

10/01/2010 10:27 PM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Good luck and try not to worry too much until they dx something to (possibly) worry about ~~~

Prayers being sent ~~~

Marilyn

10/04/2010 10:11 AM
mem6244

Thank you everyone,

I'm feeling hopeful about the MRI no matter which way it turns out. It will be good to get more answers.

Yesterday I spent the day helping my dad and my husband cut and wrap a bunch of elk meat so I was on my feet a lot and then just out of the blue, my hands got really weak and shaky and I couldn't finish what I was doing. After a few minutes the weakness started to resolve but I didn't sleep very well at all last night because my hands and my left leg were intermittently tingling and then throbbing. My feet have been swelling so much sometimes that I can't wear shoes and my hands swell to the point I can't wear my wedding ring or it will get stuck and not come off. I know the swelling hands and feet can be a side effect of the Lyrica so for now I'm just waiting to see the MRI results and then discuss everything with my PA, Scott.

I will let you all know what I find out when the results come back.

Warm wishes and hugs,

Julie

10/04/2010 10:37 AM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

good luck on your mri I know it can be scary to wait and wonder,let us know how it goes

10/04/2010 11:35 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

We ll be thinking about your with your MRI tomorrow, Julie ~~~

I hope it shows nothing serious ~~~

Keep us posted ~~~ Smile

Marilyn

10/04/2010 11:42 AM
heaher
heaher  

Good luck with the mri. I've had a bunch and it will be over quick and hopefully you will get the answeres you need. The tingling is a symptom of fibro. I frequently get tingling in my arms and legs and some times it can be painful. But lately its been gone so hopefully it will go away for you too. And I hear ya about the apetite and gaining weight its my biggest problem right now. Good luck!

10/04/2010 05:19 PM
shortstuff116
shortstuff116  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Julie, Just to ease your mind, the MRI is no big deal. I just had one done and the only thing that bothered me was being in a tight place. If you can handle that then you will be find. Just remember, if you can't handle tight places, close your eyes and take a deep breathe and think of all the places you'd like to go or see. This is what helped me. Good Luck and let us know how it all turns out.

God Bless You, Sweetie. shortstuff bear77

10/04/2010 05:31 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You can request an open MRI if you do mind closed tight places. I am so used to them they don't phase me. I've had at least a hundred if not more and have to have a complete MRI every 3 mos now for follow ups. I'm used to them but many aren't and like the open machine. Good luck!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved