MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/25/2010 06:59 AM

Lyrica side affects

BigPhred
BigPhred  

Hello!

i was just reading that cymbalta may be available for fibro. has anyone experienced sexual side affects from Lyrica? I realize that 90% of fibromites are women who do not suffer from erectile dysfunction but us 10% might? just a thought as cymbalta has those too.Blink

09/25/2010 07:38 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Hi Pfred,

did you do a Google search on side effects?

The only 2 things I could find on the med sites are these: which are gender specific:

abnormal ejaculation

gynecomastia

not sure this helps you much

natty

09/25/2010 07:47 AM
Nancy88

Just thought I'd share that I'm on Cymbalta and Lyrica, and I still have sexual desire - although sometimes it takes a little longer.

09/26/2010 03:38 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Phred,

I, too, take both Lyrica and Cymbalta but am somewhat older than you and have reason for lower sex drive so I can t be much help on this post.

BTW, good to see you posting ~~~ Smile

Marilyn

09/28/2010 04:32 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

I don't know about Lyrica, But I've had some libido problems which may or may not be from the Cymbalta. (And, yes, Phred, women can have physical sexual dysfunction; sometimes we can't have a climax either.) It can get frustrating, but my husband is very patient and waits until I'm ready to try, and then we both take our time until I can (sometimes) get satisfaction. (TMI? I chose my words very carefully.) We also express our affection in many different ways every day, so that we can have "fun" with each other often without it always having to include intercourse. We consider it a lovely bonus!

I suppose I could go without the Cymbalta, if that's the culprit, but I'd be in so much pain I wouldn't want sex anyway, lol! Silly

Blessings, Jeni

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved