MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/16/2008 07:08 AM

update from my doctor appt

KristieMarieL

Well, I'm sad to say that my doctor will more than likely be replaced. I really do like her as a person but I am less than thrilled with her advise. I cried throughout my whole appointment, partly out of frustration, partly in pain. She did not change my medication, and that was my goal for the appointment. She suggested twice weekly massages and was happy to give me the phone number of a friend of hers that's a LMT. :rolling eyes: That would be wonderful except for the fact that I am a single mother with no family around to help me with my children (I guess that's a story that doesn't belong here though) and that makes it pretty much impossible to get a massage. Also depending on the day, my body may be so sensitive that I don't want anyone to touch me, let alone have someone rub into my skin. OUCH!!!

So my mission to find relief continues. I'm looking for a new doctor. *sigh*

10/16/2008 07:12 AM
Midnyte

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is to find a good doctor. I'm also in the process of finding a good family doctor and deciding how I like my new pain management doctor or whether I need to go to a rheumy. This stuff really plays hades with our lives, doesn't it? I hope you find a great doctor very soon! Hmmm have you tried calling a physcian referral service in your area if they have one? I need to do that myself...

*hugs* Hope you have a less pain day.

10/16/2008 07:21 AM
homesickgranny
homesickgranny  

YES, you acn discuss family problems here. WE all have families and

maybe we can give advise on those things too. WE share and care.

10/16/2008 07:22 AM
MomtoGBandH

I'm in a similar boat (you can see my post titled Hitting A Wall if you're interested). I have to decide whether this doc can keep managing me, or whether I need to drive 45min-1 hour to find a different doctor. I am lucky that she gave me a rheumy referral, but I still don't have an appointment so that could be months off. She wouldn't raise my pain meds either, and I only take 3 Vicodin a day.

Sorry you're feeling so lousy. I know that pain stinks, and massages aren't always a good thing. Maybe you'll be able to find a referral from someone else with Fibro who has had good luck with a particular doctor.

10/16/2008 07:37 AM
KristieMarieL

homesickgranny wrote:

YES, you acn discuss family problems here. WE all have families and

maybe we can give advise on those things too. WE share and care.

Laughing A little about me!

Laughing I'm a single mom to Tirzah, 5 years old (her birthday is actually today! Yay!!) and McKenna, 18 months old. Both my babies are girls. Smile They are the love in my heart! I've been separated from my hubby for almost 3 years (off and on, hence having an 18 month old! lol) He refuses to divorce me, the old "cheaper to keep her" excuse I guess?! I have my masters in psychology but I choose to stay home with my daughters. I think having mommy home with them is important and I'm able to do it financially so I have no desire to work at this point in my life. Maybe when the girls are older I will work again?? Who knows? I do like being a stay at home mommy.

I'm an only child of a single parent. I believe in the old saying "grow where you are planted" and I've lived in the same town my whole life. It's a super small rural town and I love it here! Everyone knows everyone, we don't lock our doors, leave keys in the car in the driveway... it's safe and I love it here!!

If anyone would like to know anything else, just ask! I'm an open book! Smile

10/16/2008 07:46 AM
Midnyte

Happy birthday to your little girl! It's wonderful that you can afford to stay home with them during their developing years. I hope you have a wonderful day Smile

10/16/2008 08:36 AM
Cori

That's great that you are home with them. I love my boys but think I might go bonkers if I stayed home for to long. So I commend you, good for you and good luck finding a new doc, I know it's a process ask the seven I've seen since March. Ugh.. exhausting but you will get there. there is hope! I have a wonderful doctor now, she's a little scatter brained but I love her!

10/16/2008 10:44 AM
Auntie3285
Auntie3285  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

{{{Kristie}}} I am sorry to hear your appt. was less than successful today. It is never easy finding a new dr. so after every appt. with either of mine, I am always thankful I have a good relationship with both of them.

As for massages and pain relief clinics, I m not sold on them much either (even tho' I ve never used either...just heard some not so good reports).

Happy Birthday {{{hugs}}} to your little one today !!! Smile

I wish we lived closer and I would love to help you with the little ones when I could. It seems so unfair for you (so young) to be afflicted like this. I like that you have chosen to stay home with your babies ... I didn t get into the work force until my youngest (2 daughters also) went to Kindergarten and I m not sorry I waited.

I love the way you describe your hometown. That s just the way (type of place I would love to live)...sounds like where I grew up.

Hang in there , hon ...better days will come !!!

{{{HUGS}}} Marilyn

10/16/2008 11:10 AM
Starr
Starr  

Happy Birthday to your baby!

I too, am sorry about your difficulty in finding a good doctor. I just recently fired my gastro. He actually argued with me and yelled at me in my last visit!

Anyway, I will speak up fo massage. I get more relief from that than anything. Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover it, so I'm limited to how often I can go. When I could afford it, I was going once a week.

My favorite is the deep-tissue massage, combined with trigger point therapy. It is the only thing that breaks through the tightness in my muscles, which contributes to a lot of my pain. If you can find anyone to watch your girls, I highly recomend that you try it.

10/16/2008 12:20 PM
booklady14
booklady14  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

happy birthday to your daughter!

Homeschooled my daughter until she graduated. She love it. It was a lot of extral trouble for me, but she just loved it and when i asked her if she was ready to go back. (I said that i homeschool her, giving the impression that i always did it). Actually I started right before she was due back after the Christmas break. somehow we managed to keep "family" and "school" separate. She did really well, loved it and never went back to school.

I think i got off track about 5 times and i'm not real sure where i was going.

So....good luck with your problems! Sorry, I was carried away in the ffffoooogggSad Tongue Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved