MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/15/2008 09:28 AM

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!

Starr
Starr  

At some point in the middle of the night, I was awakened (as usual) by an overwhelming urge to urinate.

I was only on the toile for maybe thirt seconds, but when I tried to get up, I could not feel my left leg from the knee down. It was a mojor struggle, A. just to get off the toilet and B. to stand up after getting up.

I was trying to maneuver and support myself with my cane, when I just collapsed...onto the side of the tub. When I was finally able to get up, I had strong pins and needles in my left leg. This has never happened to me before.

This morning, I am sore pretty much everywhere from the ribcage down on my left side.

10/15/2008 09:34 AM
Cori

Awe you poor thing. Sounds like maybe a loss of circulation?

10/15/2008 09:40 AM
Starr
Starr  

I don't know, but whatever it was, it was scary...especially living alone out in the boonies.

10/15/2008 09:47 AM
lisaandboo
lisaandboo  

My legs fall asleep quick too while I am sitting on the toilet. Sometimes I have to stretch my legs out and get the blood flowing right again and wait for the pins and needles to go away before I get up. Are you ok? I know you said you are sore but you did not seriously hurt yourself did you?

L

10/15/2008 10:19 AM
Starr
Starr  

But it didn't feel like my leg was going to sleep. Geez, I was only on there for maybe 30 seconds!

The more awake I get, the more I'm hurting, but I have to just work through it today. Things are coming down to the wire on the show and it's going to be a long night.

10/15/2008 12:16 PM
Starr
Starr  

Okay, I've done something to myself. The pain has gotten worse since the day has moved on. Damn...why now?

10/15/2008 12:21 PM
emma1980
emma1980  

Sorry Starr, I have no idea why it has happened. Ive had it a couple of times, it hurts so bad Sad I hope you are feeling better real soon

10/15/2008 12:23 PM
broken
broken  
Group Leader

Starr are you having the same pain as when you were on the toilet?is it numbing pain is there a point where the pain is worse knee back? it sounds more like an injury of some sort if its not better or gets worse go o the doc, I hope you get well

10/15/2008 12:54 PM
wjk
wjk  

Starr - you poor thing! I'm so sorry. It really sounds like something could be wrong. Can you call your doctor and ask his/her opinion? I'm worried for you!

10/15/2008 01:22 PM
Cori

Let us know

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved