MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/14/2008 05:54 AM

In Pain, Sad and Crying

Midnyte

I've been in tears for awhile now this morning and without you gals (and guys?) to turn to. I dont' know what I would do many times. It's harder when you don't have local support and a shoulder to cry on that really understands. It really helps to get things off my chest here and as I read, I realise I'm not alone in the boat of troubles and I am determined to find it in myself to not give up, to be thankful for what I do have... and to ignore (when I can) the doubters.

I sit here listening to the ppl next door fighting, slamming doors, and wonder how much longer I can stand this. They slam doors constantly and that keeps me nervous and stressed out. I have spoken to the owner but does no good. Sad The more noise and added stress, the more pain I am in. The new compound ointment isn't working out because I can't put it on as often as needed. Still nothing I try works out.. it either puts too much on or not enough on or won't reach the spots needed, etc. I am going to call the office today to see if they can recommend something or perhaps prescribe something else.

I just needed to unload and had nowhere else to turn. My SO listened to my venting yesterday as soon as he walked in the door. He wants out of this place as badly as I do... almost, he doesn't hear half of what I do while away at work. I have hope though, at least he is at work now so maybe it won't be much longer before we can find a better place. Living in a 12x20 ft room is not fun but it's a roof over our heads. At least it's a little less I have to clean but then, it's harder to clean because everything is so jumbled together....

Thanks for being here and reading my vents and rambling.

Mid

10/14/2008 06:16 AM
Jeerie
Jeerie  

Mid, I will keep my fingers crossed that some doors open up for you soon so you guys can get a better place. I had an apartment once with some really ignorant people next door...stereo blaring at 5:30 am so loud I could hear the bass over my hairdryer!! My windshield keyed (I know it was them. I'm sure they knew how often I complained about them to the management office. But I had no way to prove it) And then someone (wonder who?) put trash through my mail slot in my front door.

Anyway, hopefully thing will quiet down for you today so you can have some calm restful relaxation today. Maybe one of them will get sick and lose their voice so you don't have to hear the yelling all day! Wishful thinking?

I'm here for you...vent away whenever you need to.

10/14/2008 06:24 AM
Midnyte

Thank you, Jeerie. I am about at my wit's end but keep looking for the rainbow. If only my car was repaired, I could make it to the park or river to get away for a bit. That's one of the first things on our "to do" list after the insurance and rent... and finding something better is tied with it.

It really does help sometimes just to be able to type out my feelings and know someone is listening.

Mid

10/14/2008 07:01 AM
mcbeth
mcbeth  

I don't have any words of advice to help you so I'l just send you a quiet hug

((((shh hugging Midnyte))))

10/14/2008 07:11 AM
Cori

Things will get better soon, with hubby working hopefully you can save a little and get out of there. I hope your car gets fixed soon, I think it will be allot easier to deal with if you can get away for a little while. Take care of yourself.

10/14/2008 07:25 AM
Midnyte

What would I do without all of you? Go crazy faster than I already am! It really means alot to have all of you to talk to. I wish I could express all my feelings right now.

Mid

10/14/2008 07:28 AM
BLB
BLB  

I am so sorry that you have to listen to that...I can't stand loud noises and I know what you mean about stress....I will be thinking of you!!!

10/14/2008 07:39 AM
Kestral
Kestral  

My husband and I luck out a bit. The manager for our apartment complex lives in the same building as us. So, 9 times out of 10, when I go to complain about something, she already knows and has started doing something about it. Well, other then the time some stupid owner let his dog shit on my welcome mat then DIDN'T CLEAN IT UP!! That she was pissed about, and said she'd handle. Hasn't happened since, so I guess she did!

10/14/2008 07:52 AM
Midnyte

Kestral, the owner lives here at least half the time but in a different section. He seems to not be the type to deal with a lot of stuff and there are other things going on too. Maybe it's all in my head but just the impression I get but I may be wrong... luckily, there's nice ppl on the other side of us and they hear it too. They are wanting to move also but haven't found anything yet. I think the "good" renters will be moving out asap if things aren't done soon. I forgot to mention there was a escaped murderer caught hiding in one of the rooms, so that isn't helping my stress any either.

10/14/2008 08:37 AM
jsrace
jsrace  

Oh my goodness, I feel so bad for you. I wish I had some advice for you, but I'm afraid I've been off the computer I'm behind on events. You have my prayers and good thoughts heading your way. Do you read? I turn on soft music and read when I get stressed. A good JD Robb or Iris Johansen and my stressful world will melt away (somewhat).

God Bless and gently hugs,

Joan

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved